is there a list ?

john1000

I also just looked up the spambully program you mentioned in the other thread...and it seems to have Realtime Blackhole List capability which is the same thing. Looking at it, I would disable:

• Bounce messages from known spammers.
  • Query emails can be sent to unfamiliar emailer. *Outlook only.

You would enter bl.spamcop.net to use the spamcop bl with this application.

In fact, I am going to add it to my personal list of "programs to investigate" for my users who need help at home.

I am going to add it to my personal list of "programs to investigate" for my users who need help at home.

Steven, I set up SpamBully for a friend who uses Outlook Express*, and he has had no complaints. (He had a huge volume of inbound spam). I completely agree about disabling the bounce and challenge-response systems.

My wife has the SpamBayes MS Outlook add-in protecting her inbox. That also works very effectively.

Cheers, Nick

* (yes, I know, "friends don't let friends use OE...")

• 2 months later...
is there a kind of blacklist or whatever that i can use/import to my mailclient....?

13480[/snapback]

I suggest using whitelist centric strategy, because spam are only from strangers. If you use blacklist, efficiency will be very low, because spammers typically uses fake addresses. RBL etc will also cause too many false positives.

SpamWeed is a very good client side spam filter, it uses bayesian filter and "beneficiary tracking" technologies along with traditional whitelist/blacklist/keyword list to achieve excellent result. It is very easy to setup and use.

I too have my questions about this poster pulling up a thread that is 3 months old and pushing a product I have never heard about for his first post ever.

I have not, however, checked out this product, sufficiently. Whitelist is NOT the only way to go, in fact, I believe their is no ONLY way, but a combination method is best.

Blacklists weed out about 93% of my spam and spamassassin (spamcop's implementation) weeds out the other 7%.

Archived