Reported SPAM now coming from my own domain

I have e-mail accounts fwd to SPAMCOP and have used and paid for this service for many years. The new system allowed me to do the set up, but all my last held mails which were reported have now shown up as coming through my domain. I make a living through this ISP and my web server business (HOSTITO) and now I am possibly going to be shut down for spamming.

The interface for setting reporting is too cumbersome, I cannot figure out why I am now the bad guy! or how to prevent this problem in the future.

Help appreciated

Andy Evans

What "new" system? You posted in the Mail-Host Forum, so should one assume that this is what you're talking about? From your complaint, one could guess that you have not read any of the other data in this Forum, especially the warnings found in numerous places, like the Pinned items, that advise not reporting any spam until you are done with registering your accounts into the mail-host configuration. It sounds like you started the process, stopped for some reason, then continued to report, but apparently didn't take the time to analyze the parser output to notice that you were reporting yourself.

Best bet now is to finish what you started and wait until that's accomplished before trying to report anymore spam. Failing that, follow the guidance offered in most of the mail-host Pinned items and most of the other Topics posted within .. contact deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net ... (Note: you will have to provide a bit more data than you did here ...)

I have e-mail accounts fwd to SPAMCOP and have used and paid for this service for many years. The new system allowed me to do the set up, but all my last held mails which were reported have now shown up as coming through my domain. I make a living through this ISP and my web server business (HOSTITO) and now I am possibly going to be shut down for spamming.

You are going to have to send me your registered SpamCop email address and a tracking url for a spam that misparsed. In general, however if you have started to add mailhosts to your profile you will need to complete returning all the probes and getting confirmations for them before you can report spam.

Archived