server not works

kolor

I can't log in; the new passwords sent in email aren't working.  And I"m seeing this:

The owner of cms.spamcop.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

19 minutes ago, hank said:

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

These are messages from FireFox.  They are trying to protect you.  You need to add spamcop.net as an excepting.

Been a while but as I remember when the warning window first pops up, there is an option to "continue" or 'I understand the risk' or something.  Then you are ask to add the website to a list of exceptions.

Yeah, I know I can make misconfigured websites exceptions.  But as I understand it, the misconfigured site can be hacked at any time so it's a silly risk to make an exception rather than mention it in hope whoever misconfigured the site will fix its security.

Otherwise, eventually, some clever kid will hack the vulnerability.

Right?

Since I haven't been able to get a working password to let me use the reporting page for days now, I wonder if some crack hasn't already happened.

Mentioned it here since the original poster is having similar problems, tho not identical error messages.

Yep, emailed them. No reply yet but problem solved.

I booted up an old computer (OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks) and was able to log in to reporting with its old (2012) password.

Odd.  Same old password works with my newer computer, too.  OSX  Sierra

The new passwords sent by the password reset button still don't work.

Firefox and Chrome, same behavior.  Odd.

5 hours ago, hank said:

Yeah, I know I can make misconfigured websites exceptions.  But as I understand it, the misconfigured site can be hacked at any time so it's a silly risk to make an exception rather than mention it in hope whoever misconfigured the site will fix its security.

HTTPS encrypts data during its transmission between client and destination server. If the destination server, i.e. the site, is hacked, any data there is available to the hacker, regardless of whether HTTPS  or HTTP was used.

Archived