Sign in to follow this  
steni31

Listed mailservers

Hi,

We use bl.spamcop.net for spam checking. Unfortunately some large Danish ISP's sometimes wind up in the spamcop database, this causes my mail servers to throw away e-mail which is okay. Do you have a list of your listed mailservers with rdns hostname listed also that way i can search this list with a scri_pt? Thanks in advance.

No, there is no such list. On the other hand, you'll note that the guidance for use of the SpamCopDNSbl is for Tagging of suspected spam, not "thowing e-mail away" .... perhaps you actually want to revisit your configuration and change the methods of handling spam?

unfortunately my mailserver software doesn't not support filtering only lookups and throw away. What about this list, does this list not contain the newest mailservers acused of spaming?

What list????

The dnsbl only contains ip addresses that have been accused of spamming recently.

1.2.3.4.bl.spamcop.net 127.0.0.2 #IP address 4.3.2.1

5.6.7.8.bl.spamcop.net 127.0.0.2 #IP address 5.6.7.8

Does your mailserver software allow for whitelisting of certain IP addresses? You could add them manually as you found them.

Then i could check this list every 5 min. with a scri_pt searching for the ISP postmaster adress?? Then whitelist the IP if found...??

Why not just whitelist the IP's to begin with? You should be able to search your logs for the IP's the messages from those users come from and whitelist them before they become listed.

I winded up using this solution, the ISP ended up handing me all there mailserver ip adresses. Thanks for you effort.

Much better (and easier) solution .... Thanks for the happy follow-up ...