SpamCop is damaging my business

fbarbuto

Hi,

I am a freelance translator

Spamcop is blocking my legitimate e-mail and I cannot communicate with my american client agency.

Spamcop is indeed damging my business and I demand that my e-mail addresses be removed from spamcop blocking list, since I do only send lawful and legitimate and legal mail through which I communicate with my clients.

You are damaging my business and I demand you to remove me from your listing at once.

Francesco :angry:

While you are holding your breath and waiting for a reaction from SpamCop, I'd suggest you spend some time and read the Pinned item at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=972 .... Had you provided some specific data, perhaps there'd have been some specific guidance offered here, but as all I see is a rant and demand for action, I'll just hold my breath until you actually provide something useful, OK?

Spamcop does not block anything. What gave you that idea?

Whoever you are sending your email to is blocking you.

If you would like assistance on finding out why they rejected your email then post the reject message or the IP in question.

While you are holding your breath and waiting for a reaction from SpamCop, I'd suggest you spend some time and read the Pinned item at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=972 .... Had you provided some specific data, perhaps there'd have been some specific guidance offered here, but as all I see is a rant and demand for action, I'll just hold my breath until you actually provide something useful, OK?

13951[/snapback]

No rant.

Spamcop is damaging not only mine, but other people's businesses as well.

It simply is against a US Federal Law to tinker with others' legitimate e-mail messages. If spamcop wanted to set up a reasonable business they would have had to provide a valuable and trustable service, not something that just "shot in the pile" at random.

Set a proper working sistem and THEN start up a business. This is a simple rule of thumb if you want to have a successful business.

I will only provide details of my servers in a private e-mail; spamcop.net should be so kind to conatct me directly and I will give them all the needed details to solve this nasty misunderstanding.

No rant, just legitimate and lawful business non one can disrupt.

Francesco

It simply is against a US Federal Law to tinker with others' legitimate e-mail messages.

First, please cite this law. Email servers are the private property of their owners and the owner can delete every message he receives, if he so chooses.

Second, spamcop can not physically block any messages except those directed to it's users. The person blocking your messages is the adminitrator of the mail server you are trying to contact.

If spamcop wanted to set up a reasonable business they would have had to provide a valuable and trustable service, not something that just "shot in the pile" at random.

Spamcop has had a reasonable business for several years now. A judge even stated it was within it's rights to do what it is doing.

Spamcop does not "shoot in the pile". It receives complaints from registered users, tracks the IP address the message came from, and, if the percentage of spam/valid messages is high enough, adds the IP address to the bl.

I will only provide details of my servers in a private e-mail

That is fine, you can provide those details to deputies<at>spamcop.net, but I suggest a polite email. You will usually get a much faster answer here by providing the needed information, but there are some things that only the deputies can see.

Without further information, this is all speculation. There are other possibilities, including an error in the parsing of a spam message, but more information is needed to determine this.

Being a small business, I assume you do not have your own mail server and are sharing that server with other people.

It is likely that one of the other users of your mail server has sent spam, which has been reported to the administrators of your mail server.

If the spam is stopped, the IP will drop off the bl within 48 hours.

It is your mail handler that is responsible for this action, please contact them a let them know they are not providing what you are paying for, a clean IP to send your messages.

Like I previously said, Spamcop does not interfere with your email.

Whoever you sent your mail to blocked you.

The is no law in the US about blocking email. Anyone can block anything they want.

The internet is not a playground for everyone to do whatever they want. The internet is made up of millions of private networks that control what goes into and comes out of their networks.

You surely have no idea of what you are talking about.

You cannot run a successful business that depends on email from a cheap dialup provider. Very bad business plan!

If you want assistance then post the reject message you received or the IP you "Think" is blocked.

If you do not want help then do not ask for it, but dont state laws that you have no knowledge of that do not exist.

No one here wants your email address it is too simple to get those in fact most of the regulars here already know them, they are posted all over the web. And if any of them were blocked you would have known already. You just need to post the IP you think is blocked so someone can look into it.

You will get assistance.

If you are talking about your tin.it addy their email server is listed in a few lists but NOT Spamcops

If you are talking about "Your" .net, .com, and .biz addy's their server is listed in a few but NOT Spamcop.

If you are talking about your proz.com addy their IP is NOT listed in Spamcop

If you are talking about your inwind.it address it is not listed in Spamcop

Like I said no one here cares about your email address, they need an IP number and will help you find the reason.

And to expand on Steven P. Underwood's response

Second, spamcop can not physically block any messages except those directed to it's users. The person blocking your messages is the adminitrator of the mail server you are trying to contact.

And SpamCop does not automaticly block any messages to its own users, but simply provides the service to its users to use varrious blocking lists as each user desires to do so.

I, like almost everyone else here, is sick and tired of spam entering my inbox and and thankful for services like SpamCop that permit a method to help to reduce it.

Yes, it is not perfect, but what in life is?

And to repeat what others have said, If you are running a business that depends on email, you are a fool to relay on a email server you can not trust to be spam free. You get what you pay for!!!

Your outgoing mail is being blocked because people who have received mail from your server have decided that "you" (meaning the mail server you are using) have sent them spam and have taken the time to report it, or "you" have sent mail to one of the many spam traps (addresses that you have no business sending mail to and are not published anywhere) that result in an automatic listing of your server as a source of spam.

Your incomming mail can only be blocked by you or your provider, not by anyone else, unless of course you live in a country like China where the government filters incomming mail and blocks any mail that it feels is inappropriate.

Archived