I am blocked

jack

My question is : what really happened !

My IP : 62.205.115.24 is blocked because of spams I would have sent last week. I was mostly not at home and since 20 july did sent only messages to friends about the games we are playing and à LARP event in belgium ( www.larp.be ) . The people at UPC/CHELLO say they can do nothing at all to help me.

I have no viruses, the PC is clean and I need it urgently for my work .

If someone accuses me, I have the right to know who and why , for what message , from when or Iwill never understand . It is too easy just to say : you have been reported . were is the real abuse .

Here is the message I Got

Impossible d'envoyer le message car l'un des destinataires a été refusé par le serveur. L'adresse de messagerie refusée était 'lucinus[at]the-strategist.net'. Objet 'Re: WWI', Compte : 'Jacques Wilputte', Serveur : 'relay.chello.be', Protocole : SMTP, Réponse du serveur : '551 Mail from your IP address is currently blocked based on RBL listing', Port : 25, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 551, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC79

I am not skilled with PC and understand nothing on your site . the only thing I noticed is that I am being reported for 46 hoiurs, but yesterday evening I did sent and receive messages normaly . If I am blocked since at leats 46 hours it is not possible to sent the messages I sent about 13 hours ago . Please I need to communicate urgently with some people so deblock me NOW !

Thanks

Jacques Wilputte

#1) your IP is can never be totally blocked except by your own Internet Service Provider in which case you would have to contact them.

#2) Individual email messages by be blocked but this can only be done by the following:

A) the receipient of the message who has the right to refuse to accept mail from you

B the reciepient's service provider, who also has the right to refuse messages entering his system which is only limited by his responsibility to his customer to provide proper service.

C) the varrious mail servers that your message passes through, though most do not filter mail.

D) Goverment agencies, such as China, that have decided what they will allow or not allow to enter their world of control.

Keep in mind that the bounce you did recieve could be from a spam message that has forged your address as the return address or sender, in which case it is meanless. Or it could be from a message that you did actually send but did not know it. In which case you need to fix your computer to stop it from sending out spam.

The people at UPC/CHELLO say they can do nothing at all to help me.
You will never get help from them. They are one of the worst providers in the market.

Since I do not read French, I am afraid that I can not provide any more help.

1. No one is accusing you of spamming.

2. SpamCop can not block anything; it provides ISP's with a real-time list of servers that are currently spewing spam. Some server owners use this list to reject mail, others to 'tag' it as probably spam (recommended) others don't use it all.

3. You are sharing an server with spammers.

4. Your ISP refuses to do anything about stopping the spam.

5. They are, effectively, taking your money under false pretences as they are unable to provide you with the service you are paying for.

6. They are known 'black-hats' with lots of servers most of which appear from time to time on various blocklists.

7. You need to choose who you do business with more carefully. Suggest you find a new ISP because this WILL keep happening.

based on RBL listing

I don't know why you think it is spamcop. There is no place in the message that says 'spamcop'

I am going to repeat dt's advice

3. You are sharing an server with spammers.

4. Your ISP refuses to do anything about stopping the spam.

5. They are, effectively, taking your money under false pretences as they are unable to provide you with the service you are paying for.

You can use web based email if they are the only internet service providers in your area.

hotmail and yahoo are the most familiar, but there are others.

Miss Betsy

Why Spamcop, because the RBL site says  so !

There are multiple RBL sites. Perhaps you mean that you looked it up at "rbls.org"? I looked up your IP at "openrbl.org" here:

http://openrbl.org/ip/62/205/115/24.htm

and you will see that in addition to SpamCop, your IP is also included in the AUDNSBL and the FIVETEN list. As for SpamCop's listing, I see a specific spam that was sent two days ago from your IP address with the Subject "Cia.lis is Here - Just Pennies per Tablet...." Are you sharing this IP address with other users? If no, is it a dynamic IP or a static IP address?

OK I used SpyBOt search and destroy , cleaned once again everything can now someone do something

Just using SpyBot probably isn't enough. There are trojans, worms, etc. that should be detected with more of an "anti-virus" product. For example, you can do a complete scan for free at sites such as http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

Your own antivirus software may be fooled by a worm that is designed to hide from it...this is a very common trick. But first, you need to clarify if you are the only user of that IP address. People here are willing to help you, but you must supply the information that is necessary. You are indeed a customer of a bad ISP...I see that you didn't respond to that issue.

dt

Jack?

You should also edit your original post, because in the delivery error message, you included the address of one of your friends, and these forums are indexed by Google. You don't want your friend getting more spam, do you?

dt

Hi, Jacques!

...Sorry to hear about your problems. Yes, spammers have spoiled the internet for everyone!

Here is the message I Got

Impossible d'envoyer le message car l'un des destinataires a été refusé par le serveur. L'adresse de messagerie refusée était 'lucinus[at]the-strategist.net'. Objet 'Re: WWI', Compte : 'Jacques Wilputte', Serveur : 'relay.chello.be', Protocole : SMTP, Réponse du serveur : '551 Mail from your IP address is currently blocked based on RBL listing', Port : 25, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 551, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC79

<snip>

...A translation from WorldLingo.com is:
Impossible to send the message because one of the recipients was

refused by the server. The address of refused electronic mail was ' lucinus[at]the-strategist.net'. Object ' Re: WWI', Count: ' Jacques Wilputte', Server: ' relay.chello.be', Protocol: Smtp, Response of the server: ' 551 Mall from your IP address is currently blocked based one RBL

listing', Port: 25, Made safe (SSL): Not, Error of server: 551, Number of error: 0x800CCC79

I am not skilled with PC ...

<snip>

14713[/snapback]

...In that case, one wonders why you rely urgently for communication on technology with which you are not familiar? It would serve you well to have backup communication methods. Even if your e-mail were not being blocked by the ISP or e-mail provider of the people with whom you are trying to communicate, internet e-mail is not a guaranteed delivery mechanism -- all kinds of things can happen to disrupt it.

Why Spamcop, because the RBL site says  so !
...Here is what SpamCop checkblock says about that IP address:
Query bl.spamcop.net - 62.205.115.24

62.205.115.24 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

DNS error: 62.205.115.24 has no reverse dns

Listing History

In the past 2.0 days, it has been listed once for a total of 2.0 days

...One thing I don't know is: whose IP address is this? Is it the fixed IP address of your PC or is it the IP address of a server that belongs to your internet or e-mail provider? If it doesn't belong to you, there's nothing you can do about it directly other than to switch to a more responsible provider (which, if you're using Chello, you should do in any case, since, as pointed out above, they are very poor at controlling their spam problem).

OK I used SpyBOt search and destroy , cleaned once again everything can now someone do something

14723[/snapback]

...Again, without knowing whose IP address is on the block list, there's nothing much anyone here can do. If it's Chello's, find a more responsible provider. If it really is yours, you should send a communication to deputies<at>spamcop<dot>net (replace "<at>" with [at] and replace "<dot>" with .) and explain what happened.

You are also sending to the following spamtraps at:

DNSBLAUT1 Reynolds Technology Type 1: t1.dnsbl.net.au -> 127.0.0.2

see http://dnsbl.net.au/rmst/ and http://dnsbl.net.au/lookup/?62.205.115.24

[removal]

DNSBLAURMST dnsbl.net.au Multiple spam Traps: rmst.dnsbl.net.au -> 127.0.0.2

see http://dnsbl.net.au/rmst/ and http://dnsbl.net.au/lookup/?62.205.115.24

Are you bouncing virus mail back to the "From address?

Do you have an auto reply message set?

Are you bouncing any kind of mail from your email client?

Archived