spam submissions now blocked by all three of my mail services

Sven Golly

I use three mail services. Gmail, Roadrunner and my self-hosted accounts for our domain, geldner.com, at Stablehost. Effectively now, none of them are allowing email submissions to my submit @ spamcop address. They either get dumped without response (Roadrunner) or not sent due to spam content at Gmail and Stablehost. Gmail was getting through but now they've tightened things up. Stablehost says they have no good way of whitelisting spamcop for outbound mail.

This will effectively end my Spamcop reporting unless I can find a solution.

No I am NOT going to cut & paste spam emails. I MIGHT be able to host a mail exchanger on my home computer (Spectrum cable internet) with Dynamic DNS but I'm not sure how that would work.

Any suggestions before I pull the plug on reporting?

12 hours ago, petzl said:

cancel those email accounts, or forward them to a email service that will allow. I use fastmail $30 a year

Gmail set-up forwarding (I haven't tried)
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

You'll note I've already tried reporting via Gmail and they are blocking perceived spam content (which is what a SpamCop report often looks like). My problem is not that my email accounts don't work for regular mail, they're fine. It's just that I can't use any of them now for reporting spam to SpamCop.

29 minutes ago, Sven Golly said:

You'll note I've already tried reporting via Gmail and they are blocking perceived spam content (which is what a SpamCop report often looks like). My problem is not that my email accounts don't work for regular mail, they're fine. It's just that I can't use any of them now for reporting spam to SpamCop.

forward them to a email service that will allow forwarding. you tried this?
Fastmail allow forwarding, must be others. Gmail will shut your account down once you get a flood of spam,

FastMail also sort spam from Ham

On 2/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sven Golly said:

Stablehost says they have no good way of whitelisting spamcop for outbound mail.

It has been a while but as i remember with your email controlled from cPanel you should be able to control your SMTP and outgoing filters. You should be able to turnoff all spam "controls" and filters.  If your host uses a common SMTP for all clients on a machine, turning off outgoing filters would be a problem.  But then you would also other reputation problems.  Maybe time to upgrade/change your VPN options to have a stand alone email service.

This is why I setup

On 2/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sven Golly said:

Any suggestions before I pull the plug on reporting?

This is why I setup a personal email server with fetchmail years ago because a lot of the the email providers go through these phases, without having a way to turn it off.

Archived