Sign in to follow this  
Steltek

My mailhost causes a useless error message

Hello,

Trying to register my mailhost with SpamCop (via e-mail) gives me this response:

To: <x>
Subject: Spamcop account configuration: error

Hello SpamCop user,

Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

Please do not respond to this email (replies are ignored).  If you need
help, please consult the SpamCop website ( <http://www.spamcop.net/> ).

This email was sent in response to your email:
[....]

Is there any way of finding out what is going on there? (The given error message isn't really very informative ;) )

Edited by Steltek

As in 90% of the other Topics posted in here, and at least 60% of the Pinned items, there is only one way. Contact via the Deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net address, offering up enough details that they can find your account stuff.

As in 90% of the other Topics posted in here, and at least 60% of the Pinned items, there is only one way.  Contact via the Deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net address, offering up enough details that they can find your account stuff.

15515[/snapback]

When did the address change from Deputies <at> spamcop.net to

Deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net or are both addresses good.

In it only recently that I have started seeing the new format

Ellen

SpamCop

deputies <at> spamcop.net

The following is taken from the current pinned item Mailhost Issues - please read before posting, Please Read BEFORE PostingOutline
If you have problems with mailhosts -- 1) registering new hosts; 2) returning probes; 3) spam parses or other issues you may post in this forum. However other than very general responses I will need you to write to deputies <at> spamcop.net with "mailhosts" in the subject line.
Edited by dbiel

I believe both addresses have always worked. I have always used the version in Ellen's sig with no problems.

The one advantage to the admin address might be if there is a problem with the spamcop.net domain or servers, the admin.spamcop.net server is hopefully still operational.

I believe both addresses have always worked.  I have always used the version in Ellen's sig with no problems.

15526[/snapback]

Both addresses work. There is no advantage in using one over the other.

OK, sorry for posting here (usually it's the other way round and people want you to ask in the forum first and then bug them via e-mail).