I need help with a SpamCop client

TropicBarb

I use the mail service of Walla Corporation, which is a client of SpamCop. My Yahoo mail goes in to this service and the Walla has been rejecting must of my messages today with the message "Rejected based on external blacklist www.spamcop blshtml. [mail from]. Walla does not have an English language site and I have no idea how to change this blacklist because I have never seen it.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks so much

Barb

Hi, Barb!

...Before giving you a specific reply, it would help us if you'd first return to the SpamCop Help menu and look at the pinned items Pinned: Why Am I Blocked? FAQ, Please read before posting and Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting. If you find that your question isn't answered there, please return here to post follow-up questions.

...Good luck!

Things are pretty confusing for that IP address. When I checked (a few minutes ago) it was not listed in the SpamCopDNSbl. However, http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...ng=66.94.237.37 shows a 1030% increase in the last 30 days, and 7439% increase in traffic over the last day ....???? Normally, this would indicate a severely infested nest of compromised computers. However, this could also mean that Yahoo brought a new server on-line and is still switching traffic to it.

I also doubt that Walla is a "client" .. rather just that they are using the SpamCopDNSbl to keep the spew off of their system. There might be a way for you to whitelist an e-mail address, or there may not be anything you can do about it.

Why does your e-mail "go into Walla" ???? One would think that your Yahoo e-mail would only go there because you are sending it there. Do you have another e-mail account elsewhere to make this particular contact? If there's a language issue involved, not sure where else to send you.

Wazoo as usual is right the Ip is listed. Looking at the Stats they are slightly odd. Although they are showing a big increase in traffic, the magnitude is well within Yahoo's normal levels. I also see that 66.94.237.37 (n3a.bulk.scd.yahoo.com) is not listed as a mail server by senderbase. Perhaps this server is new and hence the increase in traffic. The name maybe significant, if it is used for bulk mail then there maybe the odd report of spam from it hence orgiginal listing.

If you are still having problems, then it is likely that walla has a some sort of filter that is badly setup. I see what you mean regarding their web site. You could try e-mailing postmaster [at] walla.co.il that may work. If your problem is with walla.com they appear to have an abuse [at] barak013.net.il and postmaster [at] walla.com which are registered with abuse.net

Rob

<snip>

Why does your e-mail "go into Walla" ????  One would think that your Yahoo e-mail would only go there because you are sending it there.  Do you have another e-mail account elsewhere to make this particular contact?  <snip>

15557[/snapback]

I've seen this situation before in these groups -- I'm guessing that she doesn't have a lot of choice where she lives about hig-speed internet access. It seems that most people don't realize that you can go anywhere in the world and pay a few dollars a month for a mailbox -- that there is absolutely no requirement to use ISP you are buying access from for their mail server.

My pipe comes from shaw.ca -- the local cable company. They assign me an address and bundle a mailbox -- neither of which I use. My incoming mail is handled by a small local ISP that is totally and agressively whitehat both in terms of stopping incoming spam and making sure that none of their clints are sending spam or running spamvertised web sites. Works perfectly for me.

I've seen this situation before in these groups -- I'm guessing that she doesn't have a lot of choice where she lives about hig-speed internet access.  It seems that most people don't realize that you can go anywhere in the world and pay a few dollars a month for a mailbox -- that there is absolutely no requirement to use ISP you are buying access from for their mail server.

No argument, but I'm not sure we're working from the same page. If you "buy" an e-mail account from "somewhere" .. normally traffic flows in/out of "that" account/server .... I'm not going to try to interpret the "my e-mail go into Walla" so I'm still waiting for some clarification.

And to expand on Wazoo's statement

If the OP is talking about out bound mail, the email address actually has nothing to do with the server sending it.

The key is the Outbound SMPT server that was used to send the message, and the only real sure way to determine that is to check the settings at the sending end.

Archived