Listed, but without reason?

jwvo

Hello,

I have one of our servers (64.185.96.73) listed in bl.spamcop.net and I can't get a reason... I know it was sending some spam (we had a user's account compuermised) but i wanted to verify the headers and none are listed...

In any case what do i do to get the server removed from the blacklist?

Thanks,

john

Please see the pinned item: Why am I blocked? FAQ

See: Lookup for 64.185.96.73

Looks like your server has been sending to spam traps. The listing will be removed no longer than 48 hours after the most recent incident.

You may also choose to send an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net and explain the situation with the action that you have taken to prevent it from happening in the future and they *may* choose to manually remove your server from the DNSbl.

I fixed it about an hour ago... (I noticed the sender base stats too) My question is about the spam traps... I wanted to know what was done to send them through the server to confirm that i fixed it...

I understand they don't want to give out too much info, but zero info seems a bit sparse.

John

Te "evidence" has not been real-time for ages. It was seen that actually being nice and posting real and 'live' data just made it a bit too convenient for some spammers to run the ragged edge on the listing of certain IPs. So now we have some definite latency, the lack of explicit data, and recently brought up is that some of this is also now mirrored, and at least one of the mirrors had gotten out of sync. Thta said, all the FAQ and previous discussions all relate the same sequence, asking for a bit of help from the few folks that have the access to peer into these spamtrap accounts and make a call on how much and what details to provide as a response ... it's in the best interests of all to solve the problem, but without compromising the spamtrap address(es) involved.

Hello,

I have one of our servers (64.185.96.73) listed in bl.spamcop.net and I can't get a reason... I know it was sending some spam (we had a user's account compuermised) but i wanted to verify the headers and none are listed...

In any case what do i do to get the server removed from the blacklist?

Thanks,

john

15698[/snapback]

Your server is scheduled to delist in about 2 hours. It does look like a compromised user.

Archived