apply for removing from blacklist

hichina

I do not want to sound like I am flaming, but the failure of this poster to follow up on the initial thread may indicate that they are not interested in help, but simply expect that a request of removal will have the desired result.

Perhaps a moderator should paste this to the previously started thread. Otherwise our efforts to help seem in vain, futile.

Any other question, please contact us abuse[at]hichina.com, lijl[at]hichina.com.

That indicates that they do not understand the nature of this forum, but instead expect an e-mail reply to their query!

Has anyone warned them about the danger of having their e-mail address harvested?

Maybe it would be helpful to have a moderator email them and tell them this thread is being folded into the original thread and that they (Hichina) need to check the original thread and keep it going until Hichina's situation is resolved.

It is obvious they never checked back on their original post.

This thread should be moved within the other thread and closed in my opinion. Or, just closed.

Merging/splitting/moving of Topics/postings is something that is done pretty often, sometimes even to the point of ticking off the poster at times. As a "Merge" doesn't "tell" the original poster that the post was moved, it's a standard action that I'll PM that poster (can't say always, as apparently I've failed to do this once or twice ... and I've received more than a few PMs back flaming me for this action [take your pick as to the complaint being about the "move" of the post or the PM])

The only thing I have against merging the threads is that the other one did start out a bit "hostile" (too strong a word but the closest I can come with on the fly).

That was why I did mention the older thread but tried to keep the new one more condusive to an information exchange in the off chance that they did see it but were "ascared" to post in it. I doubt that was the case, but it is a possibility.

...IMHO, you have every right to be angry.  However, please take into account that we SpamCop folk keep telling people things like:Here we have what appears to possibly be an ISP representative coming to us, perhaps as a consequence of her/his customers exerting such pressure.  If that's what has happened, surely we do not want to send her/him off regretting the attempt to cooperate with us and muttering about what a bunch of jerks SpamCop users are.

16294[/snapback]

Aren't we forgetting Rule 1 here?

16306[/snapback]

...By we, do you mean me? :) <g>

...No, I haven't forgotten rule 1. I am just proposing we not assume that anyone who claims to be from China must be a spammer and, by Rule 1, be lying.

Archived