Email rejected

miga

That is the second time in a few weeks that the mails I send are rejected because you blocked one of the main mail servers of my ISP.

That is very annoying since I work mostly on week end with other people worldwide on open source software and my ISP is not accessible on week ends.

That is even more annoying if you consider I participate activately to spam fights by sending you any spam I receive. So I question the system: is it the fact I send you spam I receive that makes you block my ISP? In this case, I, who am not guilty, receive the punishment, which is kind of weird.

Could you take action, please, so that I can work with my comates?

...Sorry to hear that you are having trouble comumnicating with your co-workers. Spammers have spoiled things for everyone.

...As a side-note, I wish to add that it is not very wise to rely on e-mail for important tasks. E-mail is not, never has been and probably never will be a guaranteed-delivery method of communication. You would be well advised to have a backup means of working with your co-mates.

...Thank you very much for actively participating in the fight against spam.

...It probably is not the spam you report that causes SpamCop to include your ISP on its blocklist (I assume that's what you mean when you write, "is it the fact I send you spam I receive that makes you block my ISP?"). Actually, SpamCop does not block anything. There are ISPs and e-mail providers who sometimes use SpamCop's blocklist to block incoming mail (contrary to SpamCop's recommendation, which suggests that its blocklist only be used for sorting or tagging suspected spam). SpamCop has no control over how the blocklist is used.

...At this point, I'll stop because most of what I would write beyond this point (in fact, most if not all of what I've already written) is already included in the "Pinned" items in this forum, Pinned: Why Am I Blocked? FAQ / Please read before posting and Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting / FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions. Please read those and if you still have questions, return here to post them.

That is the second time in a few weeks that the mails I send are rejected because you blocked one of the main mail servers of my ISP.

That is very annoying since I work mostly on week end with other people worldwide on open source software and my ISP is not accessible on week ends.

That is even more annoying if you consider I participate activately to spam fights by sending you any spam I receive. So I question the system: is it the fact I send you spam I receive that makes you block my ISP? In this case, I, who am not guilty, receive the punishment, which is kind of weird. 

Could you take action, please, so that I can work with my comates?

We are unable to provide any answer other than generalities since you have not provided any error messages. Please post an error message so that we may be able to assist you.

If you are not careful, yes, you could be the one that is getting your ISP listed. You *always* want to make sure you review every report before you send it.

Archived