Virus warning!!

spamh8tr

I got a group of spam to report via eMail and my Virus Barrier said there was an infected file on two of those eMail groups. I'm sorry, I forgot to take note of the name of the virus, but think that spam Cop administration needs to know! Seems the virus came from their server.

No, it only looks like it's coming from SpamCop, but it's probably a variant of the Beagle worm coming from someone else's computer that's spoofing the Spamcop name and address on the message.  Take a look at this announcement, from the "Announcements" forum:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=557

DT

16566[/snapback]

No, it was a moog virus, and it came from spam cop eMail in the batch of finish reports that I was to finish reporting. Haven't had anymore problems and BTW, the link refered, I have read in the past and is irrelevent to the situation I encountered!

No, it was a moog virus,

A "moog virus"??? Try running that through Google...there's no such thing. I'm not sure what language you're using, but "Moog" is primarily associated with "Robert Moog," the inventor of the Moog Synthesizer.

...and it came from spam cop eMail in the batch of finish reports that I was to finish reporting.

Wait...here's what you originally wrote:

I got a group of spam to report via eMail and my Virus Barrier said there was an infected file on two of those eMail groups.

What did you mean by "eMail groups"? That was never clear. Perhaps you mean that you were actually reporting some infected emails? You're not supposed to do that. And I still contend that NO infections originated at SpamCop...that was the point of my initial answer. Anyway, if you're not having any further problems, this point is moot (as opposed to "moog").

DT

I wondered exactly what an 'email group' meant also and drew the same conclusion that the OP was submitting by email a group of spam that contained a virus.

But on reading the second explanation, I am wondering if he is using the email service. I am not familiar with how it works, but I think that one option is to have your email forwarded to you. He may have been reporting 'held' email?

Miss Betsy

I think he means he is forwarding attached e-mails in groups, and indeed as DT pointed out it was those that were infected, a mute as opposed to a moog point however.

16886[/snapback]

Actually, I think it's "moot" point. So, that would be even closer.

Archived