THOSE DARN SCAMS

I am sick of seeing these scammers from nigeria. I wonder if they all sit around a coffee whop with their laptops open and play these scam games for fun? I have an entire spam folder FILLED with over 500 scams involving mailing so much to cover a deposit, or to have the scammer get a copy of my actual photo ID. I NEVER respond to them, but how can I get those idiotic fools to stop sending me these scams? Deleting the scam email does not work half of the time.

Play games with those dimwits. Just include their reply/return e-mail address on your abuse report. Let them see they've been reported. They know they have no chance of ever scamming you, plus the chance of them being caught goes up  exponentially. I hardly ever get any of these scams these days by doing this.

Then for added fun you could use this 'Trace IP' site to find out info about the IP address they have been using.
https://tools.tracemyip.org/lookup/54.86.205.246

Then send them another e-mail with their IP data and location info added. Just make up a few formal sounding law authority email addresses.
Just add the fictitious mail addresses to the IP query blurb... When they see something like this, they'll get a panic on lol :)

Here's one such reply and attachment I sent to a scammer. These scammers have no problem trying to steal money off people they don't know, then I have no problem trying to make them feel worried sick about the repercussions of their actions :)
Tracking evidence for IP address  xxxxxxx c/o fbi.cybercrime@report

The IP tracing evidence is computer produced specifically for xxxxxxxxx. This host has the hardware IP xxxxxxxxxx. The hardware Internet Protocol Address adheres to proper specifications of an IPv4 Internet Protocol Address, which has an decompressed value of xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The reverse DNS for the checked host is hardcloud.com.br. A domain pointer seems to be webmail.hardcloud.com.br. A full backtrack for the inspected reverse DNS request was captured as webmail.hardcloud.com.br at the time of this query.

An organization that maintains xxxxxxxxxx is Amazon.com. An Internet Service Provider (also known as ISP) that holds this hardware xxxxxxxxxxx is Amazon.com. The data for the tracking information confirms that the connection to this host has an assigned location in Ashburn, Virginia, United States.

The timezone of the physical location of this host is America/New_York. This host evaluated on this tracing info appears to belong to a bot/spider group as determined by Organization name and ISP provider name entities.

.1..jpg

On 6/7/2018 at 6:03 AM, disgustedwithspam49 said:

I am sick of seeing these scammers from nigeria.

Give "us" a tracking URL for one?

Archived