Faster Reporting of Spam in In Box?

I currently use Eudora for Mac OS X and I have a single button I press that's an AppleScript that automatically sends any spam let through the filters into the web screens that let me submit it. This is done by basically forwarding the email with full headers to the address SpamCop gave me. However, I then have to go to the web and submit each one. It seems that since I already have determined that it is spam manually, this is a useless step. Also, since when I go to the Held Mail area to send on the web I can quick-report (meaning I don't have to go to that page for each one), why shouldn't I be able to do this for each that reaches my in-box?

SpamCop, why can't there be a change or alternate email address for quick-reporting of spam I've already determined is spam? Basically I have to take a fairly large amount of time to do reporting based on all the spam I get, so if I can automate this process, that would be ideal.

It seems that since I already have determined that it is spam manually, this is a useless step.

The reason for the confirmation is not to confirm that it is spam (that should have been done before submitting it). It is to confirm that the reports are going to the correct people, or rather that the parser did not break and is going to report your ISP as the sender which has been reported in the past. Many people will not use the quick reporting for this reason.

SpamCop, why can't there be a change or alternate email address for quick-reporting of spam I've already determined is spam?

If you replace submit.X with quick.X in your submit address, that will work after being authorized to do so. Send one message in this way and follow the instructions in the message to be authorized.

Hope this helps

It helps VERY much actually. I now have a button for quick reporting and one for slow reporting of spam. So, if I think it will mess up the headers I can do slow or just go quick if all looks normal. Thanks!

Archived