No mail going to "Held" folder

I have decided to become a paying client and have set up everything the way I believe I would like. I have opted to select all spam filters/options, but nothing is automatically going into the "Held Mail" folder and nothing has ever been "tagged" as spam. I have had to manually move spam from the "Inbox" to the "Held" folder.

If everything works okay and a message in my "Inbox" is spam, then should I select the "Report as spam" option or move it to the "Held" folder where I can send a quick report for multiple messages? I'm not sure of the difference.

Also, (and I know this is a different thread topic,) when I do a "quick report," do I need to do anything additional after I click that button? Is all the spam reporting for multiple e-mail messages done with that single button click?

Thanks in advance for your time, assistance & patience.

edit: I have read through some posts & help files for clarification. I am asking for assistance because I could not find what I was looking for.

1. Did you selet the "Tagging" option in the setup of the spamcop options? That will cause no messages to be moved to the Held Mail folder. The tagging will show up in the headers, not the subject of the message, I believe in a x-spamcop-disposition line.

2. The 2 methods are functionally equivalent. Depending on your reporting options (Mole, etc) reports may be sent to the ISP for the source of the message and the spam will be added to the count for bl purposes. No reports will be sent for spamvertizements inside the message. It really depends on your preference. Please set up the mailhost config for our setup before reporting to much with either quick reporting feature.

3. Neither quick reporting nor the Report as spam link "require" any further processing of the messages. You should review the report sent after the fact to be sure you are not reporting your own ISP. Mailhost will minimize that possibility. If you find any that fit this description, contact the place the reports were sent to and the deputies so any listings caused can be reversed.

Did you look through the Pinned FAQ at the top of each forum? Just asking because they are relatvely new and any comments about them are welcome in the Lounge area.

1.  Did you selet the "Tagging" option in the setup of the spamcop options?  That will cause no messages to be moved to the Held Mail folder.  The tagging will show up in the headers, not the subject of the message, I believe in a x-spamcop-disposition line.

I have now removed the "tag" option to see if spam will be "held." I will see what happens in the morning.

2.  The 2 methods are functionally equivalent.  Depending on your reporting options (Mole, etc) reports may be sent to the ISP for the source of the message and the spam will be added to the count for bl purposes.  No reports will be sent for spamvertizements inside the message.  It really depends on your preference.  Please set up the mailhost config for our setup before reporting to much with either quick reporting feature.

Okay then. Thanks.

3.  Neither quick reporting nor the Report as spam link "require" any further processing of the messages.  You should review the report sent after the fact to be sure you are not reporting your own ISP.  Mailhost will minimize that possibility.  If you find any that fit this description, contact the place the reports were sent to and the deputies so any listings caused can be reversed.

Aye. Thanks again.

Did you look through the Pinned FAQ at the top of each forum?  Just asking because they are relatvely new and any comments about them are welcome in the Lounge area.

16800[/snapback]

Yes. Thank you. The pinned posts for email & reporting lacked the further clarification I sought (although, I might have missed a topic). Thank you for stepping up to the plate, Steven. Your comments are much appreciated.

:D

Archived