blocking reasons

alfio

Hi, i'm the postmaster of a small ISP.

SpamCop blacklisted my mail server (213.155.192.202) 3 days ago. But i cannot find any message in abuse or postmaster email that justify this blacklisting.

I take a look to other anti spam distributed databases and my server isn't listed.

What are the evidence causing this blacklisting? I can take no action without knoledgment of cause of this long blacklisting.

Can someone help me? (there is no open relay on my server, no mail on abuse and no autoresponders)

Regards,

Alfio

Hello Alfio,

213.155.192.202 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Additional potential problems

(these factors do not directly result in spamcop listing)

Listing History

In the past 269.1 days, it has been listed 5 times for a total of 11.2 days

You are presently listed for spam traps, read the FAQ's as this may be an indication of a serious problem such as your system being compromized...

PS. You don't seem to be listed in OTHER BLOCK LISTS, so this would be a good time to adress the present situation and avoid making it on other block lists!

Hello Alfio,

You are presently listed for spam traps, read the FAQ's as this may be an indication of a serious problem such as your system being compromized...

PS. You don't seem to be listed in OTHER BLOCK LISTS, so this would be a good time to adress the present situation and avoid making it on other block lists!

16818[/snapback]

Ok I've verified my mail server and all the activities seems to be normal.

Can you send me some traps to understand the origin of the problem?

(I cannot find in my logs any abnormal activity)

thx

No one can see what has been sent to spam traps except the deputies (spammers were using the reports to evade the blocklist).

Write to deputies <at> spamcop dot net - they can tell you what the problem is. I believe that one exploit does not show up in your normal mail logs, but if you look at your firewall logs, you may find something.

Miss Betsy

No one can see what has been sent to spam traps except the deputies (spammers were using the reports to evade the blocklist).

Write to deputies <at> spamcop dot net - they can tell you what the problem is.  I believe that one exploit does not show up in your normal mail logs, but if you look at your firewall logs, you may find something.

Miss Betsy

16822[/snapback]

I've written down to deputies.

I've already analized my firewall logs (more times) and all activities seems to be normal.

We have thousands of xDSL customers and this blacklisting make me crazy.

I hope you (and deputies) can help me as soon as possible.

Archived