Email forwarding problem

I receive several emails from friends that have pictures within the body of the email.  I want to send these on to other friends.. The email gets sent but I soon hear back from the next person "where is the picture"   Why does the picture not show on a forwarded email?  There must be some kind of filter within my email system that wipes out the picture.  Why? and How do I fix this?

This post was moved from "Reporting Help"  The original question does not relate to submitting spam to SpamCop.

I believe you are correct, your friends are not receiving the pictures because of the way your email application handles forwarding of email and embedded or attached files (pictures).  Depending on which application you uses, Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail, gmail, etc., there may be options you can change.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:35 AM, shirleykrodriguez01 said:

. . . Why does the picture not show on a forwarded email?  There must be some kind of filter within my email system that wipes out the picture.  Why? and How do I fix this?

This will depend on your email system.  When I use the older version of gmail, it is text only based, so all special formatting and pictures are lost when forwarding.  If you use the newest version of the webmail, you will probably be able to forward your pictures.  As Lking says it depends on what you are using to send the email.  You probably want to look for something that says HTML based or has special formatting.

Archived