false "No source IP address found"

jimabbeypress

For the past few days, every spam report I have submitted

results in a response from Spamcop saying I did not include

the IP headers, even though the headers WERE submitted.

In other words:

1. I forwarded the spam message, with headers, to Spamcop.

2. An email comes back from Spamcop Autoresponder.

3. I click on the web link in that email.

4. The resulting web page says:

Skip to reports

Parsing header

(So far, this is all as in previous months, but now ...)

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Has something changed in the Spamcop software to reject my recent submissions?

--

jim nagel

in England

From those links, there appear to be no headers at all. Can you please post the headers of one spam you are trying to report, and the method you are using to get the full headers and body to the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting System (munging where necessary)? Thanks!

Are you adding the following line to the submission message or only to the web page?

Any claim that I "opted in" to receive this junkmail is a lie.

I don't think spamcop wants anything other than the spam message in the email submissions. It should see the headers of the incoming message (which it skips), the blank line to start the DATA portion of the email submission, which will be the headers from the spam message, a blank line to identify the DATA portion of the spam message and the body of the spam message.

Did you recently add that to your submission process? Perhaps spamcop has tightened down even further what it will accept? (no proof, just speculation if nothing has changed on the OP's end)

• 4 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same problem. submitting a spam report returns: No source IP address found, cannot proceed. Header *does* contain a source IP address. This only started happening a couple of days ago; I am doing nothing different from usual.

I am having exactly the same problem.  submitting a spam report returns: No source IP address found, cannot proceed.  Header *does* contain a source IP address.  This only started happening a couple of days ago; I am doing nothing different from usual.

What email program are you using?

What format are you using to forward the spams? "as attachment"? "inline"? "quoted"?

no, i have not recently added that line about

"any opt-in claim is a lie".  i'm submitting my reports

in exactly the same way as i have done for a long time.

but i'll try taking the line out, and see if i get

better result.  will post something here if that cures it.

--jim

Try sending the spam as an attachment and not "inline"

no, i have not recently added that line about

"any opt-in claim is a lie".  i'm submitting my reports

in exactly the same way as i have done for a long time.

but i'll try taking the line out, and see if i get

better result.  will post something here if that cures it.

--jim

Try sending the spam as an attachment and not "inline"

Merlyn: I don't know if you noticed, but that post was made almost a month ago with no update.

What email program are you using?  What format are you using to forward the spams? "as attachment"? "inline"? "quoted"?

I use Eudora 5.1. I cut and paste the entire e-mail (using Notepad in case Eudora conceals anything) into the spamcop.net web page. I have also tried forwarding to the submit. address, but I get the following error message back:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

What email program are you using?  What format are you using to forward the spams? "as attachment"? "inline"? "quoted"?

I use Eudora 5.1. I cut and paste the entire e-mail (using Notepad in case Eudora conceals anything) into the spamcop.net web page. I have also tried forwarding to the submit. address, but I get the following error message back:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Are you using the Eudora workaround form? If not, look for a link under the main parsing window "Select outlook/eudora workaround form"

Are you using the Eudora workaround form? If not, look for a link under the main parsing window "Select outlook/eudora workaround form"

Using the Eudora workaround form (ie pasting headers and body separately) gives exactly the same result: No source IP address found, sannot proceed.

Using the Eudora workaround form (ie pasting headers and body separately) gives exactly the same result: No source IP address found, sannot proceed.

Are you doing this when you try the 2-part form:

open the email in eudora; click the blahblahblah button

copy the headers only to the top input box

place the cursor in the body of the spam in eudora and right click and view source which should popup a window with the body of the spam in unrendered text

copy/past that to the second SC input form

Are you doing this when you try the 2-part form:    open the email in eudora; click the blahblahblah button  copy the headers only to the top input box    place the cursor in the body of the spam in eudora and right click and view source which should popup a window with the body of the spam in unrendered text    copy/past that to the second SC input form

I believe "View source" only works when the e-mail contains HTML; normally it is greyed out.

However, the problem has now gone away! I am now able to paste messages into the all-in-one submission form and it works perfectly, as before.

Anybody know what's changed?

Archived