Link in the Welcome Topic

RPMcCormick

Suggestion:

Instead of saying the appropriate forum - why not be explicit and point people there.

In fact - I believe you can also embed a link directly to that forum or topic ...

Feel free to delete this post if you don't want it tagging along with your announcement!

Suggestion:

Instead of saying the appropriate forum - why not be explicit and point people there.

In fact - I believe you can also embed a link directly to that forum or topic ...

Feel free to delete this post if you don't want it tagging along with your announcement!

I tried, but it wanted to open a new window. I don't think that's appropriate, as it skews the number of Users online.

I don't think that's appropriate, as it skews the number of Users online.

Are you sure about that? If I browse the forums in five windows, I'd assume I'm only counted once. After all, it knows a distinct username for each of us and it probably counts users that way.

JT

Are you sure about that? If I browse the forums in five windows, I'd assume I'm only counted once. After all, it knows a distinct username for each of us and it probably counts users that way.

JT

OK, I changed it for both SpamCop Help and SpamCop Mail. Please let me know how it works for you.

JT

OK, I changed it for both SpamCop Help and SpamCop Mail. Please let me know how it works for you.

I hit the link, which did open up a new window to the mail group. Bottom of that screen showed "just me" as on-line there. Popped back to this window, went back to the "front page". did a refresh, I was only counted once on that screen, even though both windows fired up. Hope this helps.

Of course, going back to the newbie issue, should it open up a second window, vice doing a redirect?

I hit the link, which did open up a new window to the mail group.  Bottom of that screen showed "just me" as on-line there.  Popped back to this window, went back to the "front page". did a refresh, I was only counted once on that screen, even though both windows fired up.  Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks.

Of course, going back to the newbie issue, is opening up a second window the way to do it, vice an actual redirect?

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to do it with an "actual redirect".

Archived