webmail log on

I'm really sorry, but you're simply going to have to come up with a better question. It's pretty hard to guess here at an answer when all you've offered is "having problems" .... Have you looked at the FAQ yet? There are several entries there that deal with passwords for instance ...

I can not log on and think that it is because my account was not renewed. I finally renewed it about 3 week ago but have still received notices that it needed to be renewed. How can I find out if my account was credited? and if not How can I get this done so I can get into my email. I know for sure I am logging in correctly.

OK, here I am trying to figure out how to contact spamcop to find out if my email account was renewed. But now I realize I am fed up with this service. It started by trying to renew with a credit card but they wanted four extra numbers that I had no idea where to find on my card. It took weeks before someone finally got back and explained this. So then I renew but now it appears my renewal did not get credited as I no long can log on to my account. So then I go to my other accounts to see if I have email and no zero. So is spamcop taken possession of my email and now I have no way of contacting them to release my email or my account. :angry: If someone has some answers please help I am so upset and frustrated with this spamcop organization.

Have you looked at the FAQ yet?

17693[/snapback]

Yes, I have checked the FAQ. I am fed up with spamcop and would like to know how to personally contact them to get my service shut off???????? I put a complaint on the other forum explaining my frustration. Anything so simple as a renew should have not let me to this point. But this service just can not make things simple.

At this point, moving yet another of your posts back into this Topic, you're not the only one getting ticked off. I just followed the links under "How do I renew my account" and I see contact addresses provided. Just exactly how easy must things be to satisfy you?

At this point, moving yet another of your posts back into this Topic, you're not the only one getting ticked off.  I just followed the links under "How do I renew my account" and I see contact addresses provided.  Just exactly how easy must things be to satisfy you?

17696[/snapback]

yes, i did that but it leads me to reregistering where i began my problem. At this time i just want to talk to a real person who can help me. if you read my posts you would know what has happened. i asked how i can find out if my account has been credited...and if not what am i doing wrong when i register...

At this point, moving yet another of your posts back into this Topic, you're not the only one getting ticked off.  I just followed the links under "How do I renew my account" and I see contact addresses provided.  Just exactly how easy must things be to satisfy you?

17696[/snapback]

yes, i did that but it leads me to reregistering where i began my problem. At this time i just want to talk to a real person who can help me. if you read my posts you would know what has happened. i asked how i can find out if my account has been credited...and if not what am i doing wrong when i register...

17749[/snapback]

Hi, bajacharter,

...To get, there:

...Hi, Wazoo,

...Perhaps we need another entry in the "SpamCop Mail Service" section with a label like "Contact someone for more information or to report a problem or to ask for a refund"?

17749[/snapback]

Hi, bajacharter,

...To get, there:

...Hi, Wazoo,

thank you, steve you have been most helpful. i think wazoo has been at this too long and may need a polite break. Some of us need easy to follow directions and that is why i have been having so many problems.

...Perhaps we need another entry in the "SpamCop Mail Service" section with a label like "Contact someone for more information or to report a problem or to ask for a refund"?

17755[/snapback]

thank you, steve you have been most helpful.  i think wazoo has been at this too long and may need a polite break.  Some of us need easy to follow directions and that is why i have been having so many problems.

17761[/snapback]

...Glad to have been of service! :) <g>

...Yes, Wazoo has been doing a yeoman's job in trying to make things as easy as possible for us users, and so is (understandably) a bit touchy when people can't find things in the FAQ entries on which he's worked so hard.

At this time i just want to talk to a real person who can help me.
One big problem here. SpamCop does NOT offer real person voice assistance. All assistance is provided by either direct email contact or via Forum posting. If you find that to be unacceptable (I am sure that some people do) the only option left is to terminate service. I know it can be frustrating, but I hope you do not give up. I have not found anything that comes close to the service/product that SpamCop has to offer, so I simply accept its limitations in particular areas, no phone support for an example.

Don, as the first known paid employee, had to accept the fact that he was going to be inundated .. heck, that was mostly why the position was offered ... There are several Deputies, but not all are paid staff .. and if we pick on Ellen, she's constantly making remarks about being inundated with e-mail ... noting that both of these folks have their e-mail addresses all over the place, to include their newsgroup and Forum posts.

JT has a business of which supporting the SpamCOp stuff is only a portion. He has put in place several web-form contact points, has listed an e-mail address or two in other spots .. normally this would indicate that input to him is semi-controlled and marshalled off into the "SpamCop" area ... waiting for that portion of his attention and time-allotment. I know that others "here" have voiced some opinions on response time for direct contact, and I think it's well known that I don't have any special powers <g> .....

I know, you guys know all this .. so cutting to the chase here ... as there are already these contact points in place, and in most cases, use of those entry points should be more of the last resort thing or that way too much personal data scenario, I'm really not comfortable at putting those addresses right up front in neon lights ...

But then again, I am easily baffled ... for instance, I have yet to figure out how anyone can even sign up for any of the SpamCop services without hitting www.spamcop.net along the way ... and on that page is a HELP link that does eventually lead one to the FAQ, the newsgroup links, or even to this Forum structure one way or the other. (I am intentionally leaving the "don't speak/read English" out of this scenario) ...

Anyway, I'm going with the thought that the contact points do exist already, and that having to go through the FAQ to find them is for the most part intentional .... I will kick a note off to JT asking that he take a look at this situation and see if he wants to move an e-mail contact point right to the front page. Heck, maybe some folks will be happy and there'll be a new Moderator later ....

and as pointed out in another Topic, had this user arrived, made a "single" post and offered a bit clearer description of what the actual issue was, things would have progressed much differently. Starting multiple Topics here with word-for-word content, starting the same issue/Topic in yet another Forum ... not a good start ...

Wazoo, for the record, I'm with you on both these points.

Unless directed by the owners of those addreses, leave te contact points within the actual text of the FAQ.

And for his OP, I saw his first 2 posts at the same time and immediately decided I did not have the energy to deal with it at the time. The good part about NOT being moderator...I can ignore the stuff when I want to ;)

Keep up the good work, Wazoo

As I said, just sent a long one off to JT .. included links to both of these recent Topics. short (?) version of the situation and how "we" got to the subject of contact point location and even "why" it got so wierd .... even admitting that I should have probably done just as you did ... but that just wouldn't be me, huh? <g>

I can not log on and think that it is because my account was not renewed.  I finally renewed it about 3 week ago but have still received notices that it needed to be renewed.  How can I find out if my account was credited?  and if not How can I get this done so I can get into my email.  I know for sure I am logging in correctly.

17689[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but the renewal never went through. Did you receive a receipt from the credit card processing company for it? The renewal notices you kept receiving should have been a clue. :)

As far as contacting us, the renewal notices all come from a valid email address that is answered quickly. We also have contact information on the front page for the email service.

JT

Wazoo, for the record, I'm with you on both these points. 

Unless directed by the owners of those addreses, leave te contact points within the actual text of the FAQ.

And for his OP, I saw his first 2 posts at the same time and immediately decided I did not have the energy to deal with it at the time.  The good part about NOT being moderator...I can ignore the stuff when I want to ;)

Keep up the good work, Wazoo

17785[/snapback]

...Hear, hear!

<snip>

Anyway, I'm going with the thought that the contact points do exist already, and that having to go through the FAQ to find them is for the most part intentional .... I will kick a note off to JT asking that he take a look at this situation and see if he wants to move an e-mail contact point right to the front page.

<snip>

17784[/snapback]

...Oops, my fault (I guess) for not being clear about what I was suggesting: not a direct contact but rather that Contact us link with a bit more description about what is there than "Contact us" -- that is, "Contact someone for more information or to report a problem or to ask for a refund."

and just a minute or two ago, I was wondering whether I should search out "that other Topic" to add a comment to <g> .... Rather than repeat what I put up "over there" ... JT repeated some details on stuff I'd conjectured about already ... people e-mail him about issues with the SpamCopDNSbl for instance. "We" all know that he has nothing to do with that part of SpamCop, but ....imagine how much more of that specific e-mail woud be going in his direction if the "contact us" (for e-mail issues) was moved up to a "more shallow" level in the hierarchy .. and again noting that it isn't really all that buried at present ... I'm not ignoring these recent (?) requests, just more of trying to protect JT's InBox such that he'll answer my e-mail faster <g>

<snip>

... JT repeated some details on stuff I'd conjectured about already ... people e-mail him about issues with the SpamCopDNSbl for instance.  "We" all know that he has nothing to do with that part of SpamCop, but ....imagine how much more of that specific e-mail woud be going in his direction if the "contact us" (for e-mail issues) was moved up to a "more shallow" level in the hierarchy .. and again noting that it isn't really all that buried at present<snip>

17870[/snapback]

...Well, exactly! Let's either hide it better (which means changing the link for the item labeled "I forgot my Password," which goes directly to the "Contact Us" page) or add something to make it more obvious.... I don't care which but let's be consistent! :) <g> And if we're deliberately going to make it hard to find, great, but then let's lay off the nasty remarks about newbies not searching sufficiently to find it themselves!

Archived