Autoresponse Emails Blocked?

lemj3

Even though I continue to forward spam to SpamCop, I haven't received any messages from SpamCop AutoResponder since August 21. When I login to the website (where I'm able to report the spam) I'm told that autoreponse has stopped because they've been bouncing.  The bounce message makes no sense to me (email address munged):

Bounce error
Your email address, xxxxxx@johnson.name has returned a bounce:
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Reason: 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) '[Errno 54] Connection reset by =

I have no problem receiving email from anyone else, including spammers.  I click the "Problem resolved" but the issue continues.  Mail to me has to go through two mail systems, it would help if the message indicated which server is the blocker.

2 hours ago, lemj3 said:

I click the "Problem resolved" but the issue continues.

Check with your ISP they must have started blocking email from SpamCop around Aug 21.  If some SpamCop messages to you bounced a flag was set in your account so SpamCop doesn't clog the internet with messages that will not be received and bounce messages in return.

Talk to your ISP and make sure they will not block emails from SpamCop (Some dumb filters block email with the word 'spam' in them). Get them to fix their filter or white list SpamCop.net  Then log into your reporting account and clear the "bounce flag."

If your ISP continues to bounce emails, SpamCop will again set the flag and stop sending emails again. 

You might ask "deputies AT admin DOT spamcop DOT net"  They should be able to see the bounce.

4 hours ago, lemj3 said:

Your email address, xxxxxx@johnson.name has returned a bounce:

I would start with the host of the DNS MX record for  "johnson.name"

7 hours ago, lemj3 said:

Mail to me has to go through two mail systems, it would help if the message indicated which server is the blocker.

Run the email through SpamCop parser it should clue you in? then cancel report.
Also configure or check your Mail Host set-up

26 minutes ago, petzl said:

Run the email through SpamCop parser it should clue you in? then cancel report.
Also configure or check your Mail Host set-up

I may be misunderstanding your response, but there is no problem with reporting spam.  The issue is the SpamCop AutoResponse messages are being blocked.  Somewhere

On 8/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, lemj3 said:

I may be misunderstanding your response, but there is no problem with reporting spam.  The issue is the SpamCop AutoResponse messages are being blocked.  Somewhere

No problem for me but I cut and past. Sometime you have to work out your problem yourself.
Firstyou have to work out who is blocking/bouncing your SpamCop  AutoResponse look at the bounce headers it should tell you

Archived