SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing

einfaches

I have been using spam Inspector for a long time and it had always sent copies automaticly to SpamCop thru the id link. No when I report spam this way to SpamCop I get a reply from SpamCop

liek this:

SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing.

then I click the link and it says there is no header info.

This just started last month for some reason.

It had been working just perfectly all along.

But what gives?

Has something been changed?

It is not my software, it is something to do with SpamCop.

Thank you, please help.

You are sure asking for a lot of guesswork from this side of the screen. Not sure if the mind-readers can come up with something signifigent that happened at the SpamCop end that would only reach out and muck up your submittals but let others go through with no problem. And of course, are we also supposed to guess that it took a month for you to get upset enough to try to do something about this problem? Do you have any control over the output of this spam Inspector, say sending a copy to yourself so you see if the headers are included or not? A Tracking URL of one of your failures?

The only thing I can think to add is to contact the author of spam Inspector and see if there is a known problem.

Spamcop did tighten up its code, but that was several months ago now. It became less tolerant of mistakes introduced along the way by various products.

Sorry for adding all the guess work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled spam Inspector several times and also double and triple checked the settings and address's.

I am using WinXP Pro adn Outlook client.

This started about a little over a month ago.

When I go to the link that SpamCop- sends me it shows no headers or even the body fo the email I forward.

I then copy and past the header from yoru website and it goes thru just fine.

I have contacted spam Inspector and they looked into it with no reasons to why or how this could happen.

Thank you very much. :blink:

When I go to the link that SpamCop- sends me it shows no headers or even the body fo the email I forward.

I then copy and past the header from yoru website and it goes thru just fine.

I'll be honest. I can't make much sense at all out of this picture.

I can send the headre info manually by copy and paste to the SpamCOp website submittal form.

This goes thru just fine.

When I am using the referral Address that has been provided by SpamCOp to send from my email client it does not go thru.

It sends the info but SpamCop gets it as no header available.

This just started happening a bit over a month ago.

I have treid everything to my knowledge and IT seems that somehow from the time my client emails the header info to SpamCop untill it arrives at SpamCop the headers info is either removed ot obscured so bad that it is not readable.

I have treid everything to my knowledge and IT seems that somehow from the time my client emails the header info to SpamCop untill it arrives at SpamCop the headers info is either removed ot obscured so bad that it is not readable.

Have you followed the directions in the FAQ for "How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email?" for your particular email client?

I have followed the directions but I use Outlook 2003 as my email client.

It was working just great with SpamCop until over a month ago it just started havign these problems.

I have lookes at the config of both my email client and the spam Inspector add in reporting tool.

I believe I may just try another service that works for me.

Thank you

I asked a couple of specific questions, but don't see the matching answers. And without that data, I'm not sure what you'd expect us to keep trying to guess at. I have no idea how many folks may be using SpamInspector, but I know that there are many Outlook 2003 users .... I can't help but think now that I added in a couple of FAQ items specifically for Outlook 2003 (could be wrong) ... but again, until something can be looked at from this end, sure isn't much that can be said other than to agree that something must be broken. And that you are the only one complaining at this point, it does not appear to be a universal SpamCop malfunction.

Well it seems that maybe I need to explain for the obvious.

Yes I looked at the spam Inspector and it provides the FULL headers.

I also tried to just forward the email to your link and it accepts it and When I go to the url it allows me to process it.

My problem is when my program sends the headers adn info to the spamcop url automatically somehow the headers do not show up spamcop.

Then I manually post them to the form and it accepts.

I am sorry to seem bothersome and I apologize for my lack of technical lingo.

The next time I get the url thingie I will post it here so everyone can see.

TO all the STRONG replies YES I have tried and I have posted the results. here is a copy of the email I get from SpamCOp everytime it is automated from my client:

SpamCop is now ready to process your spam.

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z680668615z39...653935d9e0eb45z

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

Return-Path: <einfaches[at]gamebox.net>

Received: from vmx2.spamcop.net (sc-smtp2.eq.ironport.com [192.168.18.82])

by sc-app4.eq.ironport.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8EB6F5113

for <submit.pygsqrcmzxb8rtpr[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:58:40 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from ms-smtp-05.texas.rr.com (HELO ms-smtp-05-eri0.texas.rr.com) (24.93.47.44)

by vmx2.spamcop.net with ESMTP; 08 Oct 2004 12:58:40 -0700

Received: from gamebox.net (cpe-67-9-48-172.sw.rr.com [67.9.48.172])

by ms-smtp-05-eri0.texas.rr.com (8.12.10/8.12.7) with SMTP id i98JwbPa014749

for <submit.PyGSqRcMZXB8RTPr[at]spam.spamcop.net>; Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:58:38 -0500 (CDT)

Message-ID: <230600-220041058195945782[at]gamebox.net>

From: "einfaches[at]gamebox.net" <einfaches[at]gamebox.net>

To: submit.PyGSqRcMZXB8RTPr[at]spam.spamcop.net

Subject: UBE: what do you want

Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:59:45 -0500

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

X-Virus-Scanned: Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine

When I go to the URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/scid=z680668615z392...653935d9e0eb45z

It show no header info at all.

Hopefully someone can understand my info and not be incosiderant of the fact that I have tried everything I know to try and also the suggestions that you have replied with.

Please explain where the following data is coming from;

Hello. The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk

unsolicited commercial e-mail.

UBE message forwarded:

--begin full headers--

and then a bit further down, a repeated Body section is found under this line;

--begin full message body source--

Is this you, your cut / paste, SpamInspector ...??????

Hello. The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk

unsolicited commercial e-mail.

That's the problem. No fair adding comments to the headers of the spam, or anywhere else for that matter.

SpamCop is looking for the headers to be presented in one contiguous block of plain text, followed by a blank line, which signals the end of the headers, and then followed by the body text.

The blank line after "commercial e-mail" tells SpamCop to stop looking for headers, and since there's nothing but the comment where the headers are supposed to be, the parse fails.

- Don -

Thank you, Finally someone with a real answer.

I thank you for being so kind with your answer.

Unlike previously with all the rude " I am better than you.." attitudes.

I have noticed elswhere in this forum the same rude remaarks by the same peopel to others.

Thank you so much for the kindness and the ability to answer my delima.

I am working to resolve thsi issue so I can still use this service.

Thank you, Finally someone with a real answer.

I thank you for being so kind with your answer.

Unlike previously with all the rude " I am better than you.." attitudes.

<snip>

18607[/snapback]

...Hmm -- I don't see any such replies, either. Only very serious and sincere attempts to help you by asking questions to make clearer to us what had happened. You seemed to have failed to recognize them as such and didn't even respond with specific answers to many of them -- for example, you never answered my question.

appearently I have struck a serious note of attitude reprisal or even better endangered some sort of emotional ties to supremicy.

I clearly answered all questions and I clearly stated what the issue was and if you could not understand the English used in the descript of the issue at hand, it si no fault of anyone but yourselves.

I regret even signing up for this service if the members of this forum are so ill and stuck on their unproven skills of support.

The only kind reply or response We from the Admin.

Some peopel thru low self esteme find the need to look down upon others to make themselves feel better.

I do not know or understand wht the case of ill intent or if I am mistaking thsi rudeness as a kind act of brotherly love.

I will now discontinus to use SpamCop for this.

I thank the Admin for the kind help andI will leave with this note:

If you treat others with the respect that hey diserve, then the respect shall be returned unto you...

Thanks for the time,

Einfaches

...Brief summary of this thread:

• OP: I have a problem, please help!
  • SpamCop users: Can you tell us the nature of your problem so we can help you?
  • OP: You have an attitude problem and are being rude. I can't deal with this, so I'm leaving!

...What a loss -- NOT! :) <g>

Steve, you forgot the part that the problem was with an external piece of software, not related to spamcop at all.

einfaches, If you read this, please re-read through this thread and try to find where you "clearly answered" certain questions and where Wazoo's answer that spam Inspector was the problem was different than SpamCopAdmin's answer to the same effect.

Wazoo had just gone through a whole page of question/answer to get to the point where we could see the problem. He may have been a little short with the SpamInspector comment, but that was the answer.

Steve, you forgot the part that the problem was with an external piece of software, not related to spamcop at all.

<snip>

18663[/snapback]

...Well, I'm reluctant to hold that against the OP, as we know there have been changes in SpamCop (at least in the UI) over the past several weeks so it's a reasonable place to start. :) <g>

Archived