How to know who Reported my IP as spam

Psy

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help on how to know who keeps reporting my emails as spam. I run a real estate company and my subscribers had opted in either by subscription cards or via our website. We do understand that the economic situation might have changed and peoples interest may have diverted to other things which is why all of our emails have the unsubscribe page. 

Please advise because this person keeps reporting us and it is bad for our reputation.

Thanks.

Hello Psy and welcome to SpamCop.

There is a possibility that someone has subscribed a "third party" through your website, because someone thought he or she'd be interested in your real estate.

Another possibility is that a competitor of yours has subscribed "innocents" and one or more of them are SpamCop users and don't like spam... I don't ;)

Unless you have double opt-in implemented, I don't think there is nothing you can do except stop sending out your emails and have whoever is interested opt in again.
in other words, start from scratch. (you might want to send out an email stating that due to a system problem, the mailing list was corrupted and you have to rebuild it, asking interested parties to re-subscribe but using double opt-in)

Just make sure it's double opt-in, i.e. require a confirmation email to confirm the subscription, but don't follow up if they don't confirm the subscription. Only one confirmation email. If they keep coming, I report them...

If you have someone unsubscribe, don't send a confirmation email to confirm that they are unsubscribed. I hate those and I report them, since I already stated in my unsubscribe that I don't want any more emails.

you also might want to log the IP address used to subscribe email addresses on the website, in case someone is trying to abuse your system to subscribe others.

good luck

20 hours ago, Psy said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help on how to know who keeps reporting my emails as spam. I run a real estate company and my subscribers had opted in either by subscription cards or via our website. We do understand that the economic situation might have changed and peoples interest may have diverted to other things which is why all of our emails have the unsubscribe page. 

Please advise because this person keeps reporting us and it is bad for our reputation.

Thanks.

Need to have a IP address before proper info can be disclosed! You need to follow best practices with "double opt in" basically you need to get a *email confirmation*  for any email sent to you BEFORE  sending to that address hold/store confirmations for "evidence/receipts".

No life is not meant to be "easy"

On 9/21/2018 at 7:59 AM, petzl said:

Need to have a IP address before proper info can be disclosed! You need to follow best practices with "double opt in" basically you need to get a *email confirmation*  for any email sent to you BEFORE  sending to that address hold/store confirmations for "evidence/receipts".

No life is not meant to be "easy"

Thanks for the response. Here is the IP address 173.249.157.30

Life is supposed to be easier than this :(

On 9/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, RobiBue said:

Hello Psy and welcome to SpamCop.

There is a possibility that someone has subscribed a "third party" through your website, because someone thought he or she'd be interested in your real estate.

Another possibility is that a competitor of yours has subscribed "innocents" and one or more of them are SpamCop users and don't like spam... I don't ;)

Unless you have double opt-in implemented, I don't think there is nothing you can do except stop sending out your emails and have whoever is interested opt in again.
in other words, start from scratch. (you might want to send out an email stating that due to a system problem, the mailing list was corrupted and you have to rebuild it, asking interested parties to re-subscribe but using double opt-in)

Just make sure it's double opt-in, i.e. require a confirmation email to confirm the subscription, but don't follow up if they don't confirm the subscription. Only one confirmation email. If they keep coming, I report them...

If you have someone unsubscribe, don't send a confirmation email to confirm that they are unsubscribed. I hate those and I report them, since I already stated in my unsubscribe that I don't want any more emails.

you also might want to log the IP address used to subscribe email addresses on the website, in case someone is trying to abuse your system to subscribe others.

good luck

Thank you so much for the advice RobiBlue :)

10 hours ago, Psy said:

Thanks for the response. Here is the IP address 173.249.157.30

Life is supposed to be easier than this :(

only two reports over 90 day search

Submitted: 9/18/2018, 10:10:28 PM +1000: 
*UNSUBSCRIBE* [***spam*** Score/Req: 14.50/5] First Freehold Apartments in ...

Submitted: 9/18/2018, 10:10:18 PM +1000: 
First Freehold Apartments in Jumeirah Message-ID: <73ba____________________...

7 hours ago, petzl said:

only two reports over 90 day search

Submitted: 9/18/2018, 10:10:28 PM +1000: 
*UNSUBSCRIBE* [***spam*** Score/Req: 14.50/5] First Freehold Apartments in ...

Submitted: 9/18/2018, 10:10:18 PM +1000: 
First Freehold Apartments in Jumeirah Message-ID: <73ba____________________...

Hi PetzI, 

Thanks for the response. What can I do about the above report?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Psy said:

Hi PetzI, 

Thanks for the response. What can I do about the above report?

Thanks

I were thinking you may workout how to stop getting further reported|?

You can't undo a report but you maybe able to stop getting more,

Archived