SpamCop blacklisting

Roger.J.Borowski

Our company uses a well-known email broadcast company. We are on a mail server shared by many customers which is frequently blacklisted by SpamCop due to spamming activity by some of these other customers. I track the blacklistings with mxtoobox.com

We're talking to the email broadcast company about putting us on one of their servers with better-behaved customers, or giving us our own IP address, which they want to charge a lot for.

I'd like to get input on the impact of a mail server being blacklisted by SpamCop. I know that SoamCop is a significant blacklist owned by IronPort/Cisco that's used by a lot of ISP's, security appliances, and antispyware programs that do spam filtering.

Any ideas on the percentage on emails that get blocked when a SpamCop blacklisting is active?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Roger.J.Borowski said:

Any ideas on the percentage on emails that get blocked when a SpamCop blacklisting is active?

SpamCop is more of a spam radar that lists when a certain number of spams are reported or hit spamtraps then delisted after 24 hours of spam stopping. A disclosure of IP/s concerned would give/ge better advice.  If your customers are getting listed it is because they are spammers or not "best practice"? Your best practice would be to charrge your customers a US$100 for each spam report I take it you have enough sense to take their credit card details?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived