E-mail reporting -- "No reports filed"

dlongnecker

In the past I would always copy my headers and emails and paste them on the spamcop screen to submit them.   Today I tried to forward them as an attachment to the e-mail address.   All of them received this:

Submitted: 9/29/2018, 8:13:26 AM -0700: 
=?UTF-8?B?TWlyYWNsZSBEcm9wIENCRDogUmVkdWNlIEluZmxhbW1hdGlvbiwgUHJvbW90ZSBCb25... 
No reports filed
Submitted: 9/29/2018, 8:12:18 AM -0700: 
=?UTF-8?B?W0luc2lkZXIgRXhjbHVzaXZlXSBLZXRvIElzIEdvaW5nIFZpcmFsLCBIZXJlIGlzIFd... 
No reports filed
Submitted: 9/29/2018, 8:11:07 AM -0700: 
what E.D PiII Makers don't want you to see [VIDEO] 
No reports filed
Submitted: 9/29/2018, 8:10:14 AM -0700: 
=?UTF-8?B?V2hpY2hfb2ZfdGhlc2VfNF9vaUlzX2N1cmVzX0FJemhlaW1lcnM/?= 
No reports filed

If I took one of them and cut and paste the email into spamcop, I get

Submitted: 9/29/2018, 8:18:56 AM -0700: 
=?UTF-8?B?V2hpY2hfb2ZfdGhlc2VfNF9vaUlzX2N1cmVzX0FJemhlaW1lcnM/?= 6858346613 ( 2a06:3d81:1:275a:275f:275d:275c:2764 ) To: abuse@hostsailor.com

What might I be doing wrong with the email forwarding?   I do forward them as an attachment.

Dennis

4 hours ago, dlongnecker said:

What might I be doing wrong with the email forwarding?   I do forward them as an attachment.

Show a tracking URL? SpamCop no longer allows "Quick reporting" you have to OK each submission.

47 minutes ago, Lking said:

Learn something every day.  Now I can go back to bed

<snip>
To: Lou <someone@domain.com>
Subject: [SpamCop] Quick reporting data

</snip>
<snip> 
SpamCop.net
Here are the results of your submission:
   Processing spam:

Subject: [Norton AntiSpam]Get priority access.

spam report id 6858486991 sent to: abuse@ovh.net
spam report id 6858486992 sent to: noc@ovh.net
May be saved for future reference:
http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6489536998z112a976a38e5d3f8b248b11155f0c581z

</snip>

It seems that what I learned (before going back to bed) was that I agreed to quickly.  The above are snippets from the email I received after doing a "quick" submit.

I jumped to agree when looking at "past reports" and I saw the same thing dlongnecker reported.  Looks to me like someone change the screen or feed from 'quick' reporting.  On the other hand looks like the spam was accepted and reports generated.

19 minutes ago, Lking said:

It seems that what I learned (before going back to bed) was that I agreed to quickly.  The above are snippets from the email I received after doing a "quick" submit.

I jumped to agree when looking at "past reports" and I saw the same thing dlongnecker reported.  Looks to me like someone change the screen or feed from 'quick' reporting.  On the other hand looks like the spam was accepted and reports generated.

I  think "Quick" reporting is the same as "submit" reporting both require you to log-on to SC and press submit. 

But maybe you have a legacy account where "quick" still works as intended, I had to get a new email address when my SpamCop one had to be forwarded, requires one to have your mailhost/s working and approval by administration to enable, which "we"  no longer have a admin.

4 hours ago, petzl said:

But maybe you have a legacy account where "quick" still works as intended,

Hmmmm could be, my domain/email has not changed sense 1996. Nor has my SpamCop reporting account except for changing host as I out live them, so maybe.

Archived