About That Blacklist

If I add mailer-daemon[at]aol.com to my blacklist, will I still see there silly bounce messages in my held mail? The amount of spammers and virri using my domain name has dramtically increased. This has caused hundreds of bounces per day coming from AOL. I'd like to just bit bucket everything the mailer-daemon sends me so that I never have to even see it. Is this possible?

If I add mailer-daemon[at]aol.com to my blacklist, will I still see there silly bounce messages in my held mail?  The amount of spammers and virri using my domain name has dramtically increased.  This has caused hundreds of bounces per day coming from AOL.  I'd like to just bit bucket everything the mailer-daemon sends me so that I never have to even see it.  Is this possible?

Yes, it will go to your held mail.

Assuming you look at your held mail using webmail, you could then put in a webmail filter rule to delete any email with that string in it. Login to webmail, change to the held mail folder, and click the filters button (that looks like a funnel).

JT

JT,

I want the bounces to just go away without having to check webmail. Sadly, AOL has told me to go pound sand in regard to not receiving bounces.

The bad news:

My ISP now provides all of the functionality of SpamCop plus bit bucketing blacklisted senders and emails that exceed a definable threshold. Since reporting has really done me no good, I no longer need SpamCop. Pity, since I just paid my $30.

Since reporting has really done me no good, I no longer need SpamCop.  Pity, since I just paid my $30.

If you are serious about this, please forward details about your SpamCop Email System account (ID and payment email address at minimum) to "support at spamcop.net". Thanks!

Archived