Faster Mail Checking?

Hi I have recently signed up for an email account with you, so far its been great but I am having one issue, it seams to be taking a very long time to get messages in from my pop accounts. I cant use mail forwarding so I have spam cop pull in the emails directly from the email server. Is there any way in which I can speed up how often it checks for these emails?

Hi I have recently signed up for an email account with you, so far its been great but I am having one issue, it seams to be taking a very long time to get messages in from my pop accounts. I cant use mail forwarding so I have spam cop pull in the emails directly from the email server. Is there any way in which I can speed up how often it checks for these emails?

Nope, it's fixed at popping every 15 minutes.

guess im going to have to keep bothering the mail host to get forwarding enabled cos 15mins is a damned long time for business emails. They should add the option though as I wouldnt mind paying more just for the option to get my emails quickly.

guess im going to have to keep bothering the mail host to get forwarding enabled cos 15mins is a damned long time for business emails. They should add the option though as I wouldnt mind paying more just for the option to get my emails quickly.

19466[/snapback]

Here's a thought that might work.

Set up a separate email client on your local machine (or a different machine) and set up a filter to forward all mail to you spamcop address. Then POP it back to your normal client.

Not the cleanest set up but should get around the time delay.

AIUI, a new thread to POP for everyone in order starts every 15 minutes, but given the amount of time it takes for the actual POPping, the interval between popping for your account in particular can vary. Any time you click "Modify" on your account's POP Configuration using the secure or insecure method, your account should go to the top of the list.

I know the POP is set [at] 15 minutes, but I've been able to go back and forth with friends via email in 5 minute intervals, so I'm just not seeing this lag time you speak of. Possibly the lag is from the original mail server?

• 6 months later...
Any time you click "Modify" on your account's POP Configuration using the secure or insecure method, your account should go to the top of the list.

19494[/snapback]

Please note, however, that doing so will cause "Error Count" to reset to "0" and "Last Error" to reset to "None" for each Configured POP Server.

Possibly the lag is from the original mail server?

19503[/snapback]

The lag is between the Configured POP Server at your old MSP (Mail Service Provider) and the SpamCop Email System.

19464[/snapback]

You are best to use your spamcop email address and let the others slowly die

There is no reasonable reason why your ISP cannot forward email to SpamCop

The POP'ing time varies with SpamCop from around 15 minutes to 5 minutes depending on system load. You should pop direct from pop.SpamCop.net and depending on what time your own email client "POP's" also adds to the delay's of POP'ing (SpamCops email sever is state of art and probably quicker than your internet connection, I'm in Sydney Australia)

Most ISP's are the reason spammers spam and dump one with a compulsory email account which they do not protect or show concern about completly clueless and just want you as a cash cow.

One of my Legacy email accounts UUnet (Ozemail) have put in a "spam" filter which only allows spam through with legit email disapearing. Before I got both and SpamCop accurately sorted the spam to a VER folder and the legitimate email to my inbox, Now there is o point in getting email fowarded and not sure if I can turn forwarding off as I no longer use them as a provider

Archived