jcdoesnotlikespam

captcha problem on registering

Glad to hear you found a solution.  I am surprised FF had an issue.

I opened a test account without issue using FF v63.  Do you have cookies enabled?

If you made it through the process using Safari, received your password email from SpamCop and then logged in using Safari (because of cookies) the account should be active.  You should then be able to go back to FF and use the account there.

I have the same problem, with both Chrome and Firefox, I also tried with two different IP addresses, so I'm almost sure it's not a problem caused by my computer or connection.

Screenshot (73).png

On 2/21/2020 at 4:11 AM, guido.mazzone said:

I have the same problem, with both Chrome and Firefox, I also tried with two different IP addresses, so I'm almost sure it's not a problem caused by my computer or connection.

For Windows pays to download free version of Ccleaner   
Be warned it may need extra program to be unchecked (tries to load other software), no need to update (it is nag-ware) but your choice.
It will clean out all cookies, but you can select "options" to save needed cookies

Edited by petzl

I don't use Windows. I investigated a bit the JS code and there's an issue with the way the headers are generated for the AJAX calls that fetches the captcha picture.

Changing at line 18 of captcha.js the following

"Last-Modified": new Date(0), "If-Modified-Since": new Date(0)

to

"Last-Modified": (new Date(0)).toISOString(), "If-Modified-Since": (new Date(0)).toISOString()

fixes it. Otherwise you get a

"TypeError: Cannot convert string to ByteString because the character at index 50 has value 8217 which is greater than 255."

probably because without the toISOString method date contains UTF-8 characters instead of ASCII ones (which are required for HTTP headers).

11 hours ago, tcit said:

I don't use Windows. I investigated a bit the JS code and there's an issue with the way the headers are generated for the AJAX calls that fetches the captcha picture.

try to register in "Safe mode"?
Know nothing about Apple computers but others report their virus program/other software/even spyware interfering with Captcha

Edited by petzl