error: couldn't parse head

I had been successfully using Spamcop for many many years on both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts.

Then last February 2018, it stopped working on Gmail. After trying a long time to fix that, a Spamcop deputy told me it can't be fixed until some changes were made. That was 9 months ago, and I guess that never got fixed. So I gave up on reporting spam for my Gmail account.

Then today, I started getting errors on all spam reported from my Hotmail account:

"error: couldn't parse head

Message body parser requires full, accurate copy of message
More information on this error.."

I couldn't figure out what to do about this, so I tried deleting my Mailhosts so I could re-add them, and maybe that would fix it.

I followed the instructions for "Add first hosts" and then got

"Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers mangled

It appears that the sample you provided has been altered.  Often, extra
line-breaks are inserted by your software in an invalid format.  Part of
the reason for this proceedure is to ensure that you and your software are 
submitting spam in an error-free format.  Please review the relevant FAQ 
for your software and ensure you are following a proceedure which returns 
intact spam content to SpamCop.

In this sample, the problem was found near the line:
via BYAPR02CA0013.NAMPRD02.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Wed, 7 Nov 2018 00:25:17 +0000

Email software FAQs:
<https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html>"

I don't know WHAT to do next. Can't report any spam from either Hotmail or Gmail. Have no Mailhosts set up now.

After all these years, I think it's time for me to just give up on Spamcop. I don't know why I was able to use it for so many years, but now it's just gotten way too complicated for me.

It is unfortunate that you deleted you Mailhost before understanding the error message and the cause of the error.

It looks like Hotmail is buggering the header of the spam.  They are doing the same to the emails you are returning to SpamCop trying to reconstruct you Mailhost configuration.

2 hours ago, dr_bobbs said:

After all these years, I think it's time for me to just give up on Spamcop. I don't know why I was able to use it for so many years, but now it's just gotten way too complicated for me.

Gmail and Hotmail are deliberately hiding spammers. There are "way around's" really why bother

Time to get a real email accounts

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-to-ditch-google-2018-10?r=US&amp;IR=T

If you write me at deputies@ with your account address and the addresses you are trying to add, I'll see what I can do. Can't do much with Hotmail or Gmail until they get they crap together and start following standards again, but if you have other hosts I may be able to dig them up.

11 hours ago, Richard W said:

... Can't do much with Hotmail or Gmail until they get they crap together and start following standards again...

that's why I wish SC/Cisco would also get their gears into motion and have the private 6to4 addresses parsed correctly and not ignore them and break like they have been doing thus far... ?

Archived