Lking

HabuL & Thunderbird v60.0.3

Well they have finely done it! Thunderbird v60.0.3 is not compatible with to unsupported (But necessary) HabuL!

When I tried to forward as an attachment to SpamCop that too failed.  Attached emails seemed to be forwarded in line NOT as an attachment.

Be warned.  I was able to revert to 59.0b2  With 100+ spam a day...

I'm running HabuL 1.21.0 with Thunderbird 60.3.0 (32-bit) on Windows 10 64bit with no issues. I did have to use a kludge to trick Thunderbird from not disabling it however.

Can you share?  Being out of the line of security updates is not a good situation.

15 minutes ago, Lking said:

Can you share? 

I found when I upgraded Thunderbird from the v59 series to V60, Thunderbird disabled HabuL.  I am puzzled how you even were able to use HabuL to send an inline attachment as I couldn't load it at all.  Anyhow, like you, I bounced back to v59 immediately until I discovered a way to trick Thunderbird.

Take the original habul-1.21.0-sm.xpi installation add-on file and copy it to one say habul-1.21.0-smThunderbird60.xpi.  Open the newly copied package with 7-zip and look for a file named install.rdf.  Edit it within the 7-zip program. Look for a installation statement  

<em:maxVersion>38.*</em:maxVersion>
 and change it to

<em:maxVersion>69.*</em:maxVersion>

69 is an arbitrary number that will hopefully carry us along through the line of security updates.  Don't know how long it will work for us though???

I think I just reinstalled the update right over the top of 59.  But removing the add-on and reinstalling should work too. 

I also like to ensure Thunderbird is configured to send as Attachment as a default as I do other things spam related without habul.. Tools>Composition>General "tab">As Attachment.

Hope this helps!