klappa

Something wrong with Outlook reporting

On 11/30/2018 at 9:29 PM, klappa said:
On 11/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, petzl said:

Just send email to whatever the abuse address is for your email provider forward as attachment.

What are you talking about? I don't think you understand my initial question. It always sends to report_spam at hotmail dot com no matter what.

Just forward spam as attachment from your email to abuse desk (not through SpamCop if there are parsing problems). 

46 minutes ago, petzl said:

Just forward spam as attachment from your email to abuse desk (not through SpamCop if there are parsing problems). 

But that will expose my e-mail isn't that why i am using Spamcop in the first place? Something I've paid to work but doesn't work as intended?

Edited by klappa

14 minutes ago, klappa said:

But that will expose my e-mail

See my longer post at the top of thread.

There are other reasons to use SpamCop: Normally SpamCop correctly does the work of finding abuse addresses, and reporting to SpamCop feeds the SCBL.

48 minutes ago, klappa said:

But that will expose my e-mail isn't that why i am using Spamcop in the first place? Something I've paid to work but doesn't work as intended?

Only to YOUR email provider. The spammer already has your email addy anyhow, 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:29 PM, klappa said:

Editing it how? Changing it Receive line to X-Received? For Gmail i just delete the Receive line and Spamcop can parse it otherwise it can't.

Instead of forwarding the spam as an attachment to "my" reporting adddres, I use the "view source" option of whichever email client, copy it to the submission form on the reporting page, and change the "Received" to "X-Received" before  clicking "submit"

Hi Lisati, I've not tried the method you've suggested (but I'd like too), looking at recent spam source data, there's 2 or more "Received" lines: do you change only the first "Received" to "X-Received" or ?

And, I've read (SC Faq & SCF) to not modify source data, how does this guidance fit with changing "X-Received" etc... ?

Thanks in advance☺️

On 11/28/2018 at 5:51 PM, klappa said:

So you're telling me i have to remove the top most Recieve line header to get Spamcop to parse the email spam right? Just like with Gmail?

yep, I do remove the top line, just like I do with gmail.  I think this is a mailhosts problem where the mailhost section probably records every address.  It seems to be too many address for it the parser to be able to detect that any address for 2603:1000::/24 is a valid mailhosts.  I think the problem becomes that 20,282,409,603,651,670,423,947,251,286,016 (2^104) is just too many addresses for the mailhosts entry to record.