Is Paid 'report only' gone?

Mikey

Sorry if this is answered somewhere but I didn't see it in any of the conventional FAQ/help pages:

The link from the front page says "spam reporting registration (free and paid)" yet the link takes you to the anonymous sign-up page. Is there actually an option for paid reporting services or do I need to sign up for a spamcop.net E-mail account?

I'd be happy to have an E-mail account if the price is the same or (obviously) if the report-only option doesn't exist any more but I couldn't find any reference to the fact that it DOESN'T exist.

What am I missing?

Also, are anonymous users automatically made into moles? I guess this leads to a broader question... sorry for the tome here... When I report spam now, after I click "send" it says "Reports sent to x...." Does it actually send those reports? Or does it spool them up and send one report only if N users have reported the same spam? I ask this because I don't see the corresponding recipients when I go to the "statistics" page.

Thanks folks.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere but I didn't see it in any of the conventional FAQ/help pages:

The link from the front page says "spam reporting registration (free and paid)" yet the link takes you to the anonymous sign-up page.  Is there actually an option for paid reporting services or do I need to sign up for a spamcop.net E-mail account?

You have to sign up for a free account first, then you convert it to a paid account.

Also, are anonymous users automatically made into moles?  I guess this leads to a broader question... sorry for the tome here...  When I report spam now, after I click "send" it says "Reports sent to x...."  Does it actually send those reports?  Or does it spool them up and send one report only if N users have reported the same spam?  I ask this because I don't see the corresponding recipients when I go to the "statistics" page.

I'm not sure what you mean by anonymous users. Even free users aren't anonymous. But, yes, it sends reports whether you're free or not, unless you're a mole.

JT

To address the point JT did not address, newly signed up free reporting users default to "mole" mode. They have to uncheck the box for that while signing up in order to send reports like their predecessors did before "mole" mode existed.

Archived