"account has been disabled"

neznet

Hello,

My client has a spamcop mail account but is currently unable to renew his subscription. When logging into spamcop.net with his logon, it says that his account is disabled. It holds mail but does not filter spam. There is an option to register a new account but I could not find any renewal options. It says to "check your email for further details" but a search of spamcop web page and the mail client did not turn anything up. Is there a support email or phone number that could be used?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cameron

The FAQ here has an entry or two dealing with renewal issues, in addition to contact points. There are many reasons for a "disabled" account .. and the fact that "your client" allegedly didn't receive any notification of just why the account was disabled suggests that there was either a looping or bouncing issue. I'm not sure that Don or the Deputies will go along with the "a client of mine" thing .. they are going to want to discuss any issues with "this client" directly. Best suggestion is to have your client make contact from "another" good/working e-mail address, submit enough identifying daa to 'prove' account ownership, and go from there.

Hello,

My client has a spamcop mail account but is currently unable to renew his subscription. When logging into spamcop.net with his logon, it says that his account is disabled. It holds mail but does not filter spam. There is an option to register a new account but I could not find any renewal options. It says to "check your email for further details" but a search of spamcop web page and the mail client did not turn anything up. Is there a support email or phone number that could be used?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cameron

20070[/snapback]

The page you're looking at is the spam reporting page. This is separate from your client's email service. My guess is that their spam reporting privileges have been suspended for some reason, but that won't affect their ability to receive email or have it filtered.

JT

Archived