Need Help Asap

dn18

I use constant contact to send emails to my subscribers. I recently got an email from constant contact that they had shut down my account because of a complaint that was filed using spamcop. Out of almost 1,000,000 emails, there was only a couple incidents. How do I get this lifted from constant contact? They told me that if spamcop reaches out, they may be able to lift the account suspension. Please advise. 

without any information it would be hard to provide any useful information or take any action.  It is understandable why Constant Contact would take action/warn any customer that generates a complaint, getting all of their outgoing emails delivered is their bread & butter.

"A couple" of spam reports from SpamCop will not get an IP address blocked.  Emails sent to spam traps is another issue and Constant Contact would not have gotten any information about those email.  Constant Contact should have the information necessary to help you scrub you email list.  I assume you are following good practices with double-opt-in list and have acted on any "unsubscribe" received. Unsubscribe links are, I believe, included in all constant contact emails as required.

Truly need more information to identify which spam reports of the 183994 in the last 24 hours are the 'couple' you are interested in.

27 minutes ago, Lking said:

without any information it would be hard to provide any useful information or take any action.  It is understandable why Constant Contact would take action/warn any customer that generates a complaint, getting all of their outgoing emails delivered is their bread & butter.

"A couple" of spam reports from SpamCop will not get an IP address blocked.  Emails sent to spam traps is another issue and Constant Contact would not have gotten any information about those email.  Constant Contact should have the information necessary to help you scrub you email list.  I assume you are following good practices with double-opt-in list and have acted on any "unsubscribe" received. Unsubscribe links are, I believe, included in all constant contact emails as required.

Truly need more information to identify which spam reports of the 183994 in the last 24 hours are the 'couple' you are interested in.

Thanks so much for the reply. WHat other information could I provide? I literally had 3 spam reports out of almost 1MLN emails

I think the issue was I had 1 specific person who was out to try to close my business down. must be a competitor. It might be possible that instead of hi unsubscribing from my email list he wanted to see what i was doing an reported my company. Now constant contact shut down my account.

17 hours ago, dn18 said:

I think the issue was I had 1 specific person

There must be more then what Constant Contact is telling you.  From what I have seen, a lot of providers give a warning before a full shutdown.

17 hours ago, Lking said:

dn18, There would have been some emails with a tracking URL sent to Constant Contact with more information on it regarding your three reports.  The tracking link is the information that would help us as users of spamcop to figure out what and why.  As Lking specified, it takes more than three reports to put the sending IP address on the blacklist, so I do not think this is what you are asking about.  Constant Contact will know why with three "reports" as to why they "shutdown" your account.

18 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

There must be more then what Constant Contact is telling you.  From what I have seen, a lot of providers give a warning before a full shutdown.

dn18, There would have been some emails with a tracking URL sent to Constant Contact with more information on it regarding your three reports.  The tracking link is the information that would help us as users of spamcop to figure out what and why.  As Lking specified, it takes more than three reports to put the sending IP address on the blacklist, so I do not think this is what you are asking about.  Constant Contact will know why with three "reports" as to why they "shutdown" your account.

I completely agree, however that wasn't the case. I have had only 3 spam hits...and i think it all came from the same person who was out to get us. Constant contact sent me 1 email saying that they need an account review. I called them and thats what they told me. Someone from my subscriber list contacted spamcop and spamcop told them that they need to close down my account otherwise they will blacklist constant contact. I have notes about this on my constant contact account. 

4 hours ago, dn18 said:

Someone from my subscriber list contacted spamcop and spamcop told them that they need to close down my account otherwise they will blacklist constant contact. I have notes about this on my constant contact account. 

Your last statement reveals a lot of misunderstanding.

SpamCop's block list (SCBL) does not deal the an organization like Constant Contact, an ISP or an individuals.  The SCBL list IP addresses that are the source of reported spam or spam received by spam traps, and then only for relatively short periods of time depending on the number of spam to total emails sent and those received by spam traps.  For more details see What is the SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL)?

Given the large number of emails sent from a Constant Contact controlled IP, (I'm guessing) the two or three reports you are talking about would not cause any action by SpamCop.  Your three reports in addition to others caused by other CC customers may be a different story.   SpamCop sends spam Reports to the managers of an IP address, usually abuse{AT}whatever{DOT}com, so that responsible managers can take action to stop the spam. The spam report includes a munged copy of the reported spam to help the manager identify the source of the spam, whether intentionally sent or sent by a compromised system.  I can understand why CC may take aggressive action. Delivering emails is their business model and having a bad reputation or being blocked affects their bottom line.

SpamCop would have no knowledge to support your supposition

On 12/10/2018 at 7:34 PM, dn18 said:

I think the issue was I had 1 specific person who was out to try to close my business down

And I must say this is an argument I have seen on this forum several times before ("Someone is out to get me!").  That is not to say your suspicion is true or not.

How Constant Contact deals with reported spam and their clients is an issue for the client and Constant Contact to resolve. 

4 hours ago, dn18 said:

I completely agree, however that wasn't the case. I have had only 3 spam hits...and i think it all came from the same person who was out to get us. Constant contact sent me 1 email saying that they need an account review. I called them and thats what they told me. Someone from my subscriber list contacted spamcop and spamcop told them that they need to close down my account otherwise they will blacklist constant contact. I have notes about this on my constant contact account. 

Without a IP address no one can tell you anything, for all I know you or your IP (shared?) are sending email to spamtrap addresses?
If you decide to give a IP address maybe someone can see how many abuse reports have been made?

6 hours ago, Lking said:

Your last statement reveals a lot of misunderstanding.

SpamCop's block list (SCBL) does not deal the an organization like Constant Contact, an ISP or an individuals.  The SCBL list IP addresses that are the source of reported spam or spam received by spam traps, and then only for relatively short periods of time depending on the number of spam to total emails sent and those received by spam traps.  For more details see What is the SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL)?

Given the large number of emails sent from a Constant Contact controlled IP, (I'm guessing) the two or three reports you are talking about would not cause any action by SpamCop.  Your three reports in addition to others caused by other CC customers may be a different story.   SpamCop sends spam Reports to the managers of an IP address, usually abuse{AT}whatever{DOT}com, so that responsible managers can take action to stop the spam. The spam report includes a munged copy of the reported spam to help the manager identify the source of the spam, whether intentionally sent or sent by a compromised system.  I can understand why CC may take aggressive action. Delivering emails is their business model and having a bad reputation or being blocked affects their bottom line.

I know what you're saying. I find it strange that CC just suspended my account with out notice. CC was telling me that the IP address that they send emails out would be blacklisted by spamcop if they wouldnt suspend my account and unsubscribe all of my subscribers. I'm having the worst time with this. What even worse is all of the integration ive built btween my crm and CC to make workflows easier. All down the drain because of 3 spam complaints (i think from the same person) out of 850,000 emails. 

Archived