Unable to Send Verification Emails

Attempting to add the following mailhosts to the SpamCop system:

tmupictures.com. (pri 10)

mx2.abac.com. (pri 20)

Always results in the following error (note my email address has been purposefully obscured in the text below):

Sorry, all tests failed.

We cannot deliver mail to the address you provided: <obscured>[at]tmupictures.com. Double check the address provided or try again later. Your mailhost appears to be offline.

Detailed errors:

Connecting to tmupictures.com.:

smtpSend:smtpEnvelope (service[at]admin.spamcop.net, <obscured>[at]tmupictures.com): smtpTo rcpt to:<obscured>[at]tmupictures.com (451 4.3.0 Please try again )

Connecting to mx2.abac.com.:

smtpSend:smtpEnvelope (service[at]admin.spamcop.net, <obscured>[at]tmupictures.com): smtpTo rcpt to:<obscured>[at]tmupictures.com (451 4.3.0 Please try again later )

Sometimes, mailservers are temporarilly unavailable. If you believe you have entered your email address and other details correctly, you might just wait a few minutes (or 24 hours) and try again.

However, this email address is most definitely active and able to both send and receive email. This may be something I need to take up with the mailhost administrator, but I wanted to double check and make sure there's nothing wrong with SC.

I have been successfully able to add my mac.com mailhosts.

I can provide any additional information as necessary, though I might not be able to post all of it publicly for security reasons.

Thank you for your time.

Well, a 451 error is a temporary error condition message. Does this host use "grey listing" to limit the amount of spam you receive? That is where the host rejects a message the first time it is sent but allows it if retried within a certain time period. The spamcop probe does not automatically retry connections like a standard mail server might. You could try the probe then re-try again immediately.

Archived