Spamcop Quick Reporting Data: Notice Sending is In

I got 13 of them yesterday. Unless you are missing other email, this issue is best addressed with SpamCop Admins using the address service <at> admin.spamcop.net, including your SpamCop Email Address (if you've been using the "Report as spam" link in Webmail or the older "Quick - report immediately and trash" link in VER) and/or your quick reporting email address (if you're doing quick reporting via email).

And just to let you (or others) know, sometimes groups of messages are grouped differently on the return emails.

For instance, I report 10 messages per page from the Webmail interface. I may report 120 messages (12 pages) but get back only 3 or 4 replies, but all 120 messages are represented in those emails. If I am really quick about submitting, I will get only 1 or 2 responses.

And just to let you (or others) know, sometimes groups of messages are grouped differently on the return emails.

For instance, I report 10 messages per page from the Webmail interface. I may report 120 messages (12 pages) but get back only 3 or 4 replies, but all 120 messages are represented in those emails.  If I am really quick about submitting, I will get only 1 or 2 responses.

21097[/snapback]

That's probably due to batching in the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service's internal systems.

What is *your* usual/average turn around time for getting the 'Spamcop Quick Reporting Data' reports?

Again, I have submitted well over 200 spam reports today, but I have rec'd no 'Spamcop Quick Reporting Data' notices back from sc today. But yesterday I rec'd the sc emails as quickly as I could report the spam. It seems very inconsistent.

PP

What is *your* usual/average turn around time for getting the 'Spamcop Quick Reporting Data' reports?

If I don't get the response within about 5 minutes, there are usually lots of people in here complaining by the time I check it out.

I have been reporting all day (free at work, paid at home) and had no delay getting any of the messages back. In fact I just reported 8 messages for full reporting and the response was there by the time I refreshed the Inbox.

Have you looked at the headers to see if there is a hold up during the delivery?

The one I got a little over an hour ago (10 Dec 2004 01:41:47 -0000) contained spam I received using the SpamCop Email System 17 minutes and one second earlier (10 Dec 2004 01:24:46 -0000) and reported using the "Report as spam" Link. I am not dissatisfied with that performance, which includes some of my time.

Archived