Domain email Forwarding

I have personal domains that I use for all my emails. I do this to track the websites that sell my email addresses. Example: I own the xyz.com domain. All emails to xyz.com get forwarded to my spamcop account. If I buy from company ABCEFG.com, then I use the email address ABCEFG.com.bondo[at]xyz.com. I do this for all my login and purchasing. Do I have to register all those accounts? We are talking about numbering in the hundreds.

Basically, you seem to be trying hard to confuse terms. The MailHost configuration is to identify the servers handling your e-mail. I'm not sure where in the Pinned items or other Topic/discussions that you would have come up with the requirement to identify each and every e-mail account .. it's the "MailHost" / server that is the detail item required.

I have personal domains that I use for all my emails.  I do this to track the websites that sell my email addresses.  Example:  I own the xyz.com domain.  All emails to xyz.com get forwarded to my spamcop account.  If I buy from company ABCEFG.com, then I use the email address ABCEFG.com.bondo[at]xyz.com.  I do this for all my login and purchasing.  Do I have to register all those accounts?  We are talking about numbering in the hundreds.

21417[/snapback]

As wazoo says below -- no you do not need to register all those email addresses; they all use the same set of servers/mailpath and the parser and mailhosts only need to see that once. When you present spam to the system to be parsed, the system rummages around in your mailhosts to look and see if the server domains/IPs are listed in one of your mailhosts. If they are then they know that they should parse paste that header. The parser ignores the "to" in the headers. So for example, I have multiple domains using the same mailserver but I only need the one mailhost for the server.

Thanks all for responding.

I was hoping that was the case. I didn't think that I would actually have to do that. Did not make sense to me. But reading the instructions very literally, one could believe that it was necessary to do so.

Thanks, Again

bondo :rolleyes:

Archived