Webmail: features to filter Held Mail on display?

Jeff G.

Hi. Please add these Webmail Filter Options: "Apply filter rules to all unread mail whenever any mailbox is displayed?" and/or "Apply filter rules to unread mail in Held Mail mailbox whenever it is displayed?" This is necessary because none of the current Options allow for automatic filtering of mailboxes/Folders like Held Mail when they are displayed and because some of my filters are my attempts at compensating for Webmail's lack of certain whitelisting capabilities requested elsewhere in this Forum and compensating for certain mailing lists' lack of tagging in SMTP Envelope (return-path AKA MAIL FROM) Addresses, and I need those filters applied to Held Mail before Held Mail is reported in order to help reduce false positives.

Jeff:

How hard is it to hit the single "Apply filters" button before reporting your spam? The filters will apply to all pages of the current folder, so you only need to do this once.

I don't mind your suggestions as long as the current method is available as well. I don't have the problems you do so all of my sub folders are the results of filters moving things like submission reports to a seperate folder and if the filter runs on that folder, it takes a minute or 2 to move the message back into itself (basically writing the log entry to the screen).

• 8 months later...

Note: for those that use the VER interface to access held mail, it would require loging into WebMail first a bit more difficult than:

How hard is it to hit the single "Apply filters" button before reporting your spam? The filters will apply to all pages of the current folder, so you only need to do this once.

Additionally for those that POP mail from SpamCop instead of using WebMail, the filters are totally useless; unless you think it makes sense to log into WebMail to run the filters and then open the local client to POP the mail (not practical from my point of view)

Note: this would require still one more option to run the filters automaticly anytime a POP access request is received and processed. It would slow down the POP response time, but would at least make the filters available to those who what to use them.

Archived