Merging Accounts

How do you convert/merge a reporting-only account to a filtered email account?

Technically, there are a couple of forms of "reporting only" accounts. However, if you had one of the originals, you'd probably already have the answer, so may we make an assumption that you're doing a "free" account???

If so, take your magic code and go to "your" reporting web page. Once there, you'll see an "upgrade" link to go in and do the money part of the deal.

The SpamCop Parsing and Reporting System link to upgrade from free reporting to paid reporting is hard to miss - it is entitled "Help support SpamCop - upgrade your account!"

The link to establish a new filtered email account with the SpamCop Email System for Individuals is http://mail.spamcop.net/individuals.php - you can keep your old free reporting account if you want, and/or get a refund for your paid reporting account.

The SpamCop Parsing and Reporting System link to upgrade from free reporting to paid reporting is hard to miss - it is entitled "Help support SpamCop - upgrade your account!"

I agree it can't be missed, but that's only if one hits the reporting web page. I can't help but feel that a lot of the recent 'converts' are jumping right into e-mail submission ... just based on the types and content of the questions. And that so many folks in the newsgroups get to see the "this is what it looks like" in reference to geting to that page to at least try to do a cut/paste parse. Assume it's done by signing up directly with JT's side of the house, thus never getting exposed to the web-based parser ....

Sorry for not being clear in asking my question, what I meant was how do you convert from/merge a paid, reporting-only account to a filtered email account?

These days, those two items are handled by two different people, two different locations. To the best of my recollection, I'm thinking you should start with a request to service at spamcop.net, give up enough data so "Don" (usually) can look up your stuff and go from there.

Once upon a time, they just slid the "money" across the table, but now that Ironport is in the picture, I really don't know if that's the deal these days. Anyway, after whatever feedback you get from the Report side of the operation, then you'd have to adjust the dollars to go for the Filtered E-mail side. As we can't guess what the amounts are, you'll have to start with the e-mail...

Sorry for not being clear in asking my question, what I meant was how do you convert from/merge a paid, reporting-only account to a filtered email account?

Your question was clear, thanks. The answer is that you can't do it. They're separate accounts handled by separate companies. Sorry.

JT

Once upon a time, they just slid the "money" across the table, but now that Ironport is in the picture, I really don't know if that's the deal these days.  Anyway, after whatever feedback you get from the Report side of the operation, then you'd have to adjust the dollars to go for the Filtered E-mail side.  As we can't guess what the amounts are, you'll have to start with the e-mail...

I just checked my email account for emails from SpamCop and I found out that I spent $15 for a normal reporting-only account, and $30 for a filtered email account.

I just checked my email account for emails from SpamCop and I found out that I spent $15 for a normal reporting-only account, and $30 for a filtered email account.

In that case, if you no longer need your paid reporting account, I'd suggest asking "service at admin.spamcop.net" for a refund of the remaining fuel.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Jeff.

Feeling a bit left out here, but isn't that what I said a few posts back? <g> Start by checing with the "Don" and see where that takes you as far as the money goes? That you verified what your costs were, you've not said how much of the $15 has been eaten up, which only Julian/Ironport's side of the house would be able to convert the remaining into a dollar value.

Minor detail, but ....

Archived