Reporting to FTC

erjames

Somewhere in this forum, a user asked about sending spam reports to the FTC as an "interested third party". I recall that JeffG responded to this inquiry, saying it was possible, and just required some additional configuration. I was just wondering how to configure our held mail reporting service as such. Reporting spam to the FTC would give slightly more vindication than just sending the reports to the offending relay host. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Somewhere in this forum, a user asked about sending spam reports to the FTC as an "interested third party". I recall that JeffG responded to this inquiry, saying it was possible, and just required some additional configuration. I was just wondering how to configure our held mail reporting service as such. Reporting spam to the FTC would give slightly more vindication than just sending the reports to the offending relay host. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Sorry, I beat things up trying to get the search engine to actually work. But the only post I saw by JeffG that had the uce[at]ftc.org address in it was him pointing out that in the past, Julian had the reporting tool to send everything up there, but the FTC couldn't handle the flood. So JeffG pointed out that you could do it yourself, but as an automatic SpamCop fnction, nope.

Now the next post was from someone stating that they were working on a VBA scri_pt to submit spams all over the place, but I'm not sure how that tied into "Held Mail" ...

Currently, the only two ways to do this directly are:

1. Queue for reporting from VER

2. Forward to your submit address from Webmail.

Of course, you can always forward to the FTC directly from Webmail or any other email client.

Archived