SpamCop Account Configuration Problems

mtrees

On trying to reconfigure my account following a suggestion from SpamCop I responded to their E-mail as per the instructions and received the following :-

(note I have altered the address shown below)

> Hello SpamCop user,

>

> Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

>

> Sorry, source IP not found.

>

> Your email host does not appear to correctly identify the sending IP of

> the email you recieve.

> The last address identified by your mail host was 2cc.hh.1hh.1hh ().

> This does not appear to be a spamcop.net address. If you feel this is

> in error, please try again or seek help in the SpamCop help forum:

Can anyone help ? I am a bit confused

I'm not all sure why the phrase "not a spamcop address" is in there, but ... the only way to get help on what's going on is to see the headers of the spam in question. Normal procedure is to ask you to post a copy of the spam over in news://news.spamcop.net/spamcop.spam ... then there'd be something all could look at and follow ... if that's an issue, then at least copy the headers into your next post here ... problem is that if you're going to mung the heck out of it, then there may be no way to help you then either.

mtrees, I'd love to help you out. The catch is, what you forwarded to me was what I'd asked for, the "full headers", but unfortunately, you only gave me the headers of the SpamCop e-mail <g> .... The real data to be analyzed I'm having to guess was all the stuff found just below where you snipped, just after the "special codes included below" ...

Believe me, I even tried shaking my monitor to see if I could get those next lines to show up on my screen, but it didn't work <g>

If you did send everything, maybe it got cut because there's a limit on the size of those PM's .... I'm not in the know if this is an issue, Help doesn't say anything about size that I could find. (JeffG just told me that there's no size limit) So I'm just going to go with you wanted to be nice and not overload me with info ... you just cut too much at just the wrong spot <g>

OK, follow up rather than a new post. The "extra" you sent wasn't what i was hoping it was (the confidential stuff was in the first stuff you sent <g>) ..

So, if you're familiar with NNTP, please use the link I gave before to post a copy of the original spam (and the catch there is, do you still have it?) If you do have it, but can't do the newsgroup thing, then go ahead and post/send that ... then see where we can go from there.

mtrees last PM'd response:

I'm beginning to figure out I might have a Outlook Express problem.

I've now tried "Forward as Attachment" which gives the same Error message ...

Is there a basic incompatability here ?

Problem is that advising folks to "Forward as Attachment" under OE is the normal guidance, so no, there should be no incompatability there.

Archived