Mail Rejected/Blacklisted

nitesh

Hi, 

I know this have been asked several times, but i can't figure out why my friend's email is blacklisted and how to whitelist it. 

He's is not receiving some emails. I ran a spam test and found some site have marked his mail as spam. So, i sent him an email and it was bounced back with this message - 

This is the mail system at host smtp22.relay.iad3a.emailsrvr.com.

<james@horizon-wm.com>: host horizon-wm.com[192.185.89.193] said: 550-"JunkMail

rejected - smtp107.iad3a.emailsrvr.com [173.203.187.107]:37669 is 550-in an

RBL on rbl.websitewelcome.com, see Blocked - see 550

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=173.203.187.107" (in reply

to RCPT TO command)

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp22.relay.iad3a.emailsrvr.com

X-SMTP-Server-Queue-ID: 8DD4A68BF

X-SMTP-Server-Sender: rfc822; nitesh@zest-creative.com

Arrival-Date: Mon,  4 Feb 2019 06:05:25 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; james@horizon-wm.com

Original-Recipient: rfc822;james@horizon-wm.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; horizon-wm.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-"JunkMail rejected - smtp107.iad3a.emailsrvr.com

[173.203.187.107]:37669 is 550-in an RBL on rbl.websitewelcome.com, see

Blocked - see 550

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=173.203.187.107"

How can we fix this issue? 

Can you whitelist this email/domain?

Thanks 

11 hours ago, nitesh said:

I know this have been asked several times, but i can't figure out why my friend's email is blacklisted and how to whitelist it. 

He's is not receiving some emails. I ran a spam test and found some site have marked his mail as spam. So, i sent him an email and it was bounced back with this message - 

First we need to separate what may be two issues and terminology so everyone is talking about the same thing:

1. If your friend's email is blocklisted, that would mean that his OUTGOING email is not being received by others because the recipient's email system has blocked your friend's email.  They (each recipient) would have to whitelist your friend's email address or IP address.

2. If your friend is not receiving emails (including yours) your friend's email system is blocking INCOMING email and it is your friend's system that is causing the problem.

Your statement, above, is confusing. "He's is (sic) not receiving some emails." {2} "I ran a spam test and found some site have marked his mail as spam."{1}(Your friend blocked by others.)  "So i sent him an email and it was bounced.."{2} (Your email is blocked by your friend's system.)

The SpamCop blocklist is a dynamic list that suggest IP addresses that may be the source of spam. The list is developed based on reported spam received by others and spam received by secret spam traps. After no spam is received for a period of time (12 or more hours) an IP address may automatically removed from the list. It is the administrator of the receiving email system who decides whether to block incoming email or place the email in a "spam" folder for review.

If you follow the link in the bounce message http:// http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=173.203.187.107 you will see that this IP address (your email's IP?) 173.203.187.107 is not currently on any blocklist (when I checked)

Query bl.spamcop.net - 173.203.187.107

(Help) (Trace IP) (TalosIntelligence Lookup)

173.203.187.107 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

(Color added) The three links provide additional information that may be helpful.  For example TalosIntelligence Lookup will show that the IP address is not currently listed in 4 other blocklists besides not being listed by SCBL (SpamCop Block List).

To help others provide additional help, please refine your question. Is the problem your friend's OUTGOING email; your friends INCOMING email or your outgoing email?

Also it has been noticed here before that sometimes (lazy) email administrators will send a bounce message including a 'canned' error message which may not reflect the be correct cause for the bounce.

To answer directly your questions:

(Q) How can we fix this issue? 

(A) First you need to refine your question to identify which problem needs to be addressed (your friends outgoing email being blocked, your friend's system blocking incoming emails, or your outgoing email being blocked by your friend's system.)

(Q) Can you whitelist this email/domain?

(A) No.  The SCBL tracks IP addresses not email addresses or domains.  Nor can an IP address be whitelisted by SpamCop, that needs to be done at the receiving email system by the admin or user.

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 10:55 AM, Lking said:

2. If your friend is not receiving emails (including yours) your friend's email system is blocking INCOMING email and it is your friend's system that is causing the problem.

nitesh, Please note that anyone can put into their email servers anything they want on the blocking message, such as can be seen from https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/293.html's configuration suggestions.  What usually happens is folks change the dns, but don't change the message to go with it.  This can lead to erroneous messages about spamcop or something else blocking a message, but in reality it is the local email provider that did something.  The email administrator may have made a mistake on the receiving email server's configuration file.  What will probably need to happen is your friend might need to call the local support to figure out why it says spamcop has blocked the email, when it is not listed in the spamcop blacklist.