Is there some way to export whole folders?

rpm

I've recently decided to move on from Spamcop to another service and would like to save my messages to disk for future reference/posterity. I couldn't find any way to select and save messages en masse so I've tried to access pop.spamcop.net and imap.spamcop.net from Outlook 2002 (to save everything from there). For some reason though it won't do it. It claims that it has contacted the server but is getting no response. I guess it must be some work firewall thing or something.

In any case is there some way that I can export my messages (that I have overlooked) from the webmail client? I'd really not like to either lose them all or have to save each one individually.

Sorry to see you go.

First part: Saving the messages.

On the top menu line of the application there is a Folder button which opens the Folder Navigator.

Browse to the folder you wish to save (or check them all) then under Choose Action: select Download Folder (either text or zip format). I belive these instructions are listed in the FAQ as well, bit no time to investigate right now.

Second part: Problem accessing spamcop.

If you were having problems within the last few hours, it might be a firewall problem or connection problem however, the spamcop servers appear to have been offline at some point overnight, looking at some other recent threads.

Sorry to see you go.

Yeah, I've enjoyed my spam-less existence for a year but the simple fact is my finances are totally and utterly broken and with free gmail on offer it's something I have to change to try and save cash.

First part:  Saving the messages.

On the top menu line of the application there is a Folder button which opens the Folder Navigator.

Browse to the folder you wish to save (or check them all) then under Choose Action: select Download Folder (either text or zip format).  I belive these instructions are listed in the FAQ as well, bit no time to investigate right now.

A-ha! Many thanks, I had just been entering each folder, selecting all messages and hitting a brick wall - I didn't investigate the folder button. Never underestimate your own idiocy is the moral of the story :)

Second part: Problem accessing spamcop. 

If you were having problems within the last few hours, it might be a firewall problem or connection problem however, the spamcop servers appear to have been offline at some point overnight, looking at some other recent threads.

22723[/snapback]

I've been trying yesterday and today to the same result. Our internal mail is handled through a Microsoft Exchange server, I don't know if this is set-up to not allow POP/IMAP connections or if I'm being moronic again but it certainly doesn't seem to want to work for me in any case.

Anyway, thanks again for the prompt and accurate advice - you've removed what was becoming a bit of a headache for me. I am truly very grateful.

You could also try from home or dialup at your office (if allowed). Others in similar technical but not financial circumstances could try from an Internet Café.

• 9 years later...
Browse to the folder you wish to save (or check them all) then under Choose Action: select Download Folder (either text or zip format). I belive these instructions are listed in the FAQ as well, bit no time to investigate right now.

I use that function all the time to archive and/or digest specific folders for various reasons.

HOWEVER

having done that, there is no way to get that email BACK into the email storage client once you've moved.

What we really need (come the end of September) is a way to MIGRATE the HORDE interface, along with filters and folders to the new service.

Which, I'm learning is impossible.

:(

having done that, there is no way to get that email BACK into the email storage client once you've moved.

First...I'll point out that you chose to post your new question/concern as a response to to a topic last touched almost 10 YEARS AGO(!). But I'll bite--what do you mean by getting your mail "BACK into the email storage client"? Which "storage client"? From the next comment below, I think you're talking about Horde/IMP, but that's not a "storage client" but rather a webmail interface to view messages stored in the cloud (on a server) rather than locally on your PC.

What we really need (come the end of September) is a way to MIGRATE the HORDE interface, along with filters and folders to the new service.

"To the new service"? What new service? The new CESMail service (supplied by Cisco) won't have Horde--it will simply filter and forward your mail somewhere else. If you want a new webmail service using Horde, you have to have an account somewhere that uses Horde (which would likely be from a small provider, as all the bigger ones have their own proprietary webmail interface systems).

But let me ask you: have you seen this topic?

Migration Software?,[sic] How are you importing SC stuff?

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14301

It has scrolled off the first page of this forum because there are too many outdated pinned topics at the top. IMO, it should be pinned as well--maybe I'll give it a bump. It mentions doing a manual "drag and drop" from the SC account to a new cloud-based account (Gmail) using a Windows-based mail client called eM:

http://www.emclient.com/

The user first used "MailStore Home" (free) to do a backup. I suggest you take a look through that topic if you haven't yet done so. I'm considering using MailStore to back up and access my mailbox, rather than trying to upload it into another webmail system (although mention is made of putting it into Gmail, I think).

http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home...-archiving.aspx

DT

First...I'll point out that you chose to post your new question/concern as a response to to a topic last touched almost 10 YEARS AGO(!).

<snip>

...Which, if this was (one of) the most recent Topic(s) regarding this subject, would be appropriate. There might be other closely-related topics that might also have been appropriate but I don't fault showker's choice to post here too greatly. :) <g> If someone finds a better spot, I could move it there.

Archived