cannot report spam - ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after

$R*`q)5Eh

SpamCop v 5.0.0

Trying to report spam results in 

ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:49:48 GMT

However, and apparently the ISP has not ceased spam egress and spam keeps just arriving from that particular ISP but cannot be reported to SpamCop.

Just because the ISP has indicated that is will it cease spam egress submission to SpamCop is prohibited? That does not make much sense and defeats the purpose of SpamCop very easy.

Does seem counterintuitive, however, there is logic to the policy.

Assuming that the ISP is a good internet member and was being taken advantage of by a spammer, if they say they have fixed the problem, SpamCop gives them some time to show resolution.  There may be some delay from the time the ISP thinks they have stopped the spam, and when the last spam are received and reported.

On the other hand if the spam does continue, reporting and blocking will again happen and the word of the ISP will be more suspect in the future.

It is now 3 hours past that

sometime after

and the ISP is still emitting spam like crazy and SpamCop still refuses reports.

Which is ridiculous really and I am not further wasting my valuable time in reporting to SpamCop at all. Let someone else be a moron, apparently parties emitting spam are preferred to the parties reporting spam.

Agreed, a tracking URL will be helpful.

One of the advantages of continuing to submit spam to Spamcop  is that even if a provider claims that spam will stop,  information from the spam we report will help Spamcop maintain its blacklist.

I've had some of those, but when I go to the past reports history, I see:

Submitted: 2/8/2019, 8:19:08 PM -0600:
Notice: Please verify your address "x" zoid_binding: sp1_ms2_120
No reports filed 

and of course, I have deleted the spam already...

so, even if I wanted to, I couldn't, as SC doesn't let me, if you know what I mean...

Archived