Cannot reach www.spamcop.net

A.J.Mechelynck

Considering the facts that there is a (very discreet) advertisement for Firefox at the bottom of SpamCop's front page, and that (unlike us) SpamCop/IronPort is a cash-paying customer of Akamai, couldn't the problem be attacked from the other end? If Julian were to complain to Akamai that "all his subscribers with Mozilla browsers" can't get to the SpamCop site, I believe we should expect some action...

I can't speak for Julian (and at this point couldn't even tell you if these situations have hit his eyes/ears yet) ... On the other hand, the problem isn't as severe as your last would make it sound. I offered up some links I found while trying to research the differences between FireFox and IE DNS issues, only pointing out a couple that seemed to go along with your "IE works, FireFox doesn't" scenario. Actually most links went to places where neither worked. And, as a couple of other folks have posted, both browsers work just fine from here.

In my e-mail (actually a form thing) I pointed to both of these recent Topics, pointed out that there had been others in the past from other parts of the world, I identified that SpamCop.net was a customer, and pointed out that I was just a lowly Moderator in the Forums, but that this also made me one of the first points of contact, and it sure would be nice to have a "real" answer or a way to troubleshoot the issue, never mind a point of contact in researching these situations. And although I got a "your e-mail has been sent, an Akamai representative will contact you within a few hours" page displayed .... it's been a whole bunch of hours and I haven't heard squat from them.

[...]And, as a couple of other folks have posted, both browsers work just fine from here.[...]

22994[/snapback]

Well, I sure would be happy to know why it is that from here, FF works just fine except for SC, Akamai sales hype, and of course Windows Update, which (AFAICT) all three require IE. Let's leave Windows Update to the side, I believe in that case the incompatibility is intrinsic and can't be cured. As for sales hype (of any origin), I couldn't care less. But the fact that I can't reach SC with Mozilla Firefox pisses me.

...Edit: especially since I could reach them until this past Monday.

Archived