[Resolved] Mangled Headers / Lotus Notes 6.x

I have no problems reporting spam using the "Show -> Page Source" technique for Lotus Notes 6.x

However, when I try to register my mailhosts I always get the mangled headers error. Has anyone reported this already? I'm at a loss to figure out why the headers come thru fine for spam's using the "Show -> Page Source", but when registering my mailhosts they get mangled?

For referance I'll post the source and delete the actual ident. info I tried to preserve the formatting as best I can and I used " [EDIT] " in place of any info that could identify me or my servers.

I'd like to give you my registered email address here, but I'm afraid of those spammers that search websites for email addresses.

Please let me know what I might be doing wrong.

Received: from spamcop.net ([64.74.133.244])

by [EDIT].[EDIT].us (Lotus Domino Release 6.5.3)

with SMTP id 2005011310274768-884 ;

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:27:47 -0600

X-SpamCop-Conf: [EDIT]

Received: from [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] by spamcop.net

with HTTP; Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:27:45 GMT

To: [EDIT]

Subject: SpamCop account configuration email

Precedence: list

Message-ID: <[EDIT][at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:27:45 GMT

X-Mailer: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

via http://www.spamcop.net/ v1.401

X-MIMETrack: Itemize by SMTP Server on [EDIT]

(Release 6.5.3|September

14, 2004) at 01/13/2005 10:27:47 AM,

Itemize by Router on [EDIT}

(Release 6.5.3|September 14, 2004) at

01/13/2005 10:27:52 AM,

Serialize by Notes Client on [EDIT]

(Release 6.5.3|September

14, 2004) at 01/13/2005 10:41:20 AM,

Serialize complete at 01/13/2005 10:41:20 AM

MIME-Version: 1.0

Hello SpamCop user,

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop

figure out your specific email configuration. Do not post this email in

public. It contains confidential information related to the security of

your SpamCop account.

Please return this complete email, preserving full headers and the special

tracking codes below. Visit this address:

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

Alternately, you may submit via email. Forward the message as an

attachment to this address. Or create a new message and paste this email

into it. Either way, send it to to:

[EDIT][at]cmds.spamcop.net

Some email software may only support one or the other of these submission

methods. For information on your email software and to learn how to get

full headers see this FAQ:

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Special codes follow:

################################################################

X-SpamCop-Mx: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Mx-Ip: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Mh-Name: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Recip: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Unixtime: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Conf: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Randomness: [EDIT]

X-SpamCop-Hash: [EDIT]

################################################################

NOTE: after I posted I noted that the formatting is lost... Sorry

Anyway I'm more after an answer along the lines of "are any other Notes users having this issue, and if so, how did they fix it?" Thanks!

Unfortunately, this forum application removes all extra whitespace from the messages, so your headers are quite corrupted.

I originally (when Mailhosts was brand new) had problems getting my Notes v5 to work but worked with Julian and we worked through the problems. Unfortunately, we are only allowed to save 6 months of messages here and do not have that information any longer. Ultimately, I was able to export the message (from the message list, not inside the message) into a text file and send it via email as an attachment, the same way I submit all of my spam.

You should probably follow the directions in the top of this topic and send an email to deputies<at>spamcop.net with MAILHOST in the subject and see if they can determine the problem.

Unfortunately, this forum application removes all extra whitespace from the messages, so your headers are quite corrupted.

I originally (when Mailhosts was brand new) had problems getting my Notes v5 to work but worked with Julian and we worked through the problems.  Unfortunately, we are only allowed to save 6 months of messages here and do not have that information any longer.  Ultimately, I was able to export the message (from the message list, not inside the message) into a text file and send it via email as an attachment, the same way I submit all of my spam.

You should probably follow the directions in the top of this topic and send an email to deputies<at>spamcop.net with MAILHOST in the subject and see if they can determine the problem.

23045[/snapback]

I considerd the export, send as attachment, but I was wondering more why my spam reports are fine, but the registration system isn't.

I have already submitted an email, I just wanted to know if any other notes users were having this issue with 6.x system. (remember 6.x let's you copy out the headers, makes spam reporting eaiser than exporting)

Glad I could help...

You would need to get in contact with deputies<at>spamcop.net to see why the Page Source did not work for you. They will probably have you take what you pasted into the box and paste it into a text file and email it off to them so they can see exactly what you were pasting.

Please do that so if there is something that can be done on the spamcop side, it will be taken care of before the next Notes user tries it (usually about once a year in my experience).

Archived