SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email

jimmywalter

Thanks, working better now, but still getting rejections saying they cannot find the spam. I definitely sent the original emails as attachments. I got only 6 accepted out of 13 I sent this morning. I got 7 with the not able to find message.

Edited by jimmywalter

Can you provide a Tracking URL which can be found at the top of the submit screen:

SpamCop v 5.0.0 © 2019 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6524876703z2732b30d6e1336c8440ad74516f793a0z

There are/have been issues using OUTLOOK.  Take a look at your sent email.  You should be able to look at the attached email and see if contains the complete header which should look something like the header in the spam linked to above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 4:45 AM, jimmywalter said:

Thanks, working better now, but still getting rejections saying they cannot find the spam. I definitely sent the original emails as attachments. I got only 6 accepted out of 13 I sent this morning. I got 7 with the not able to find message.

Outlook by defaut does not support forwarding as an attachment.  The "forward" button is misleading.  What I do to forward as an attachment is to create a new email that will be sent to spamcop, then drag the message I want to attach to the body of my new email.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, MIG said:

Are you able to post a SpamCop Report URL, it will start with https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id= , please?

MIG, To answer your question jimmywalter will not be able to post a tracking URL because I believe the error of "SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email" is in the response email that would normally contain the tracking URL.  When the forwarded message is not an attachment, instead of a tracking URL, SpamCop provides this error.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, MIG said:

May I ask, are you using Outlook application or Outlook via a web browser?

jimmywalter, this might useful to know.  I use the Outlook application to create a new message and drag in the email to the forwarded message when I want to "forward as an attachment".    Doing a google search yields results such as save the email as a eml file and then attach that to a new message, so I am not sure it is possible with the web application.  There might be some key sequence such as something like ctrl+shif+F that might do a forward as an attachment that I am not aware of.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:19 PM, gnarlymarley said:

Save the email as a eml file and then attach that to a new message, so I am not sure it is possible with the web application.

Hey GnarleyMarley, Jimmywalter & anyone working with Outlook web mail, 

It's not possible to: 

• [Save email as .eml] or any other format.
  • When using Outlook web mail there's no [key sequences] to [forward an attachment].

Sucks I know, but, it is what it is.

Cheers

Edited by MIG

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, MIG said:

Outlook web mail, 

It's not possible to: 

• [Save email as .eml] or any other format.
  • When using Outlook web mail there's no [key sequences] to [forward an attachment].

MIG,

For the outlook office365 webapp, you are absolutely correct.  The hotmail version of the web app will let me view the source.  What sucks about the webapp, is that I can only get it to show me the headers.  Apparently what Jimmywalter  might need to do (and what I have been doing for a while) is access it over imap using both fetchmail and thunderbird.

8 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

"about the webapp, I can only get it to show me headers"

Hey gnarlymarley,

I'm talking about mail accessed via https://outlook.live.comin/on a web browser. What used to be called [Hotmail]. Accessing source data is completely "do-able", irrespective of whether the [new Outlook] {used to be called "Beta", but  now in production and called new Outlook (by MS)}, or the [classic Outlook] is used.

To reiterate, using https://outlook.live.com/ [new Outlook &/or classic Outlook] it's not possible to: 

• [Save ANY email as .eml] or any other format.
  • There's no [key sequences] to [forward an attachment].

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-help-with-outlook-on-the-web-cf659288-35cc-4c6c-8c75-e8e4317fda11

When you say "about the webapp, I can only get it to show me headers", I don't understand. Can you provide more specific detail please, for example:

Step 1 - go to x

Step 2 - blah, blah, blah...

I'm happy to help if I you'd take the time to provide info/reply please?

Cheers!

Edited by MIG

On 4/11/2019 at 11:42 PM, MIG said:

via https://outlook.live.comin/on a web browser. What used to be called [Hotmail].

I am unable to tell if jimmywalter is using office365 webmail or if using outlook.live.com.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:42 PM, MIG said:

When you say "about the webapp, I can only get it to show me headers", I don't understand.

• I call it hotmail, but in outlook.live.com over by the sign out button is three dots that once clicked will have a "source message" link that has the full source.
  • In offfice 365 web outlook, there is only an options and properties tab that gives the headers.  The outlook application gives the same.

So if jimmywalter is using office365 webapp, there is no forward as attachment and no message source.  If jimmywalter is using outlook.live.com, there is no forward but is a message source that can allow the full headers and body to be copied/pasted into the spamcop webform.

Hey GnarleyMarley,

I was referring to your comment: "about the webapp, I can only get it to show me headers"

What "webapp"?

Image 1 = Original OutLook (live/web mail) previously Hotmail.

[SCF][GM][Original OL mail-previously HM].jpg

Image 2 = Original OutLook (live/web mail) previously Hotmail, accessing "Source data".

[SCF][GM][Original OL mail-Source data].jpg

Image 3 = New OutLook (live/web mail) - previously BETA.

[SCF][GM][NEW OL mail-previously BETA].jpg

Image 4 = New OutLook (live/web mail) - accessing "Source data"

[SCF][GM][NEW OL mail- accessing Source data].jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off topic but "relevant" to Microsoft implementation of Outlook Live Beta, to access source data (in any mail) it's necessary to open the mail. 
It's this day & age of highly sensitive touch screen devices the possibility of inadvertently "selecting" a link in a spam/malware mail is significantly increased🤬.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers!

Edited by MIG

• 6 months later...

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I have also been having annoying troubles with sending spammy emails to Spamcop from my Outlook account, accessed via outlook.com, as outlined above. I am able to view and copy the message source, but unfortunately, sending that copy to Spamcop, I get a reply that things are missing! And the annoying thing is, that you can't use the option to copy all as when you do, it literally copies everything on that browser page behind viewing the source! So you have to click at the beginning of the source and drag the mouse all the way down, which could be a long way, until you get to the end and then copy that selection.

So, finally, I discovered that the best way to do it, is to start a new message, then if you go to the far top right, you'll see a link/logo to open that new message in a new window. Then in the browser/tab behind, you can click & drag and drop the spammy email into the new message window, forwarding it as an attachment. Took me ages to work this out! 😬 I don't know why Microsoft have made it so awkward/difficult, it never used to be like this! Having Office 365 Personal, I have yet to discover what the options are, if any different, using the desktop Outlook app... which I may do so now.

18 minutes ago, fortuner said:

! 😬 I don't know why Microsoft have made it so awkward/difficult, it never used to be like this!

Microsoft believe this their job?
Send a SpamCop Track 
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6588774779z3ab95b8cd86a700d63c9d7c13cbf84c4z
Seems to work but just reports Microsoft as the sender
The sender was AmazonAWS they have a security problem possibly their Alexa devices?
 44.224.87.209 abuseXamazonaws.com

• 6 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 5:12 AM, lisati said:

You need to forward the email as an attachment, and not as "inline" - the Spamcop parser needs access to the full text of the email to do its stuff.

why can't i just forward (not as attachment)? its the same content formatted differently, but will make huge difference to users: instead of doing 1 step (forward to address) we have to do 5:

1. download original email,
  2. go to file system where it got downloaded
  3. create new email to spamcop
  4. attach just created new email the file from 2.
  5. sent new email 

why not just let users forward email? imagine how many users how many times a day have to do 5 steps for nothing?

and now imagine: if i can just forward it, i create simple rule in my gmail: if you think its spam, forward it to this address and delete. at the end of day even 1 step is not required, if you enable forwarding.

thank you!

3 hours ago, displayname said:

why can't i just forward (not as attachment)? its the same content formatted differently, but will make huge difference to users: instead of doing 1 step (forward to address) we have to do 5:

Forwarding as an attachment contains some hidden lines that track message source.  When forwarding (not as attachment) those tracking lines are lost.  This is why SpamCop requires it to be an attachment.  The lines that get lost when forwarding not as an attachment are the "Recevied:" lines as defined by RFC2076.

• 3 years later...

it's been a while, but many web mail providers have been departing from the send email as attachment option. why, I'm not sure... security? or they don't think it's necessary...

in gmail you can only do it in their scrⅰpting application. at least that's what I do as it's easier for me, but you do have the option to view the raw message and from there save it as a file and attach it to the submission email or copy and paste it into the submission form on the SC webpage.