jimmywalter

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email

I Keep getting this message, "SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email"

What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to include some message in the email?

Are you forwarding the spam as an attachment to your email?

What email application(s) are you using to submit spam to SpamCop?

I am forwarding the spam message itself to submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx{AT}spam.spamcop.net.

I am using outlook through my site5 isp

You need to forward the email as an attachment, and not as "inline" - the Spamcop parser needs access to the full text of the email to do its stuff.

Thanks, working better now, but still getting rejections saying they cannot find the spam. I definitely sent the original emails as attachments. I got only 6 accepted out of 13 I sent this morning. I got 7 with the not able to find message.

Edited by jimmywalter

Thanks, working better now, but still getting rejections saying they cannot find the spam. I definitely sent the original emails as attachments. I got only 6 accepted out of 13 I sent this morning. I got 7 with the not able to find message.

Can you provide a Tracking URL which can be found at the top of the submit screen:

SpamCop v 5.0.0 © 2019 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6524876703z2732b30d6e1336c8440ad74516f793a0z

There are/have been issues using OUTLOOK.  Take a look at your sent email.  You should be able to look at the attached email and see if contains the complete header which should look something like the header in the spam linked to above.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:45 AM, jimmywalter said:

Outlook by defaut does not support forwarding as an attachment.  The "forward" button is misleading.  What I do to forward as an attachment is to create a new email that will be sent to spamcop, then drag the message I want to attach to the body of my new email.

Hey jimmywalter,

May I ask, are you using Outlook application or Outlook via a web browser?

Are you able to post a SpamCop Report URL, it will start with https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id= , please?

Cheers!