Blocking customers

kpo

Hello, I think the spamcop running on my Red Hat 9 box may be blocking a handfull of virtual domain email accounts from sending emails. I am running qmail and most of the domains' emails are working fine but a couple customeres have problems. One customer has two domains hosted with me and neither of his domains' emails will send out from his office but they receive fine. When I set them up here they work fine. I checked his I.P. on bl.spamcop.net and it wasn't there. How do I turn spam cop off or adjust it? Any information would be helpfull. Thanks.

Keith (kpo)

Hello, I think the spamcop running on my Red Hat 9 box may be blocking a handfull of virtual domain email accounts from sending emails.

SpamCop offers no software to be "running on your system" ... Are you sure that you are at the right place? (Noting that you also chose to post in the MailHost Configuration Forum which has nothing to do with any SCBL function.) Even if you are talking about the use of the SCBL, there is no function at the SpamCop system that could possibly interfere with the action of "sending" an e-mail. Some other ISP/user that does use the SCBL may have a 'problem' in "receiving" your e-mail though ..??

I am running qmail and most of the domains' emails are working fine but a couple customeres have problems.  One customer has two domains hosted with me and neither of his domains' emails will send out from his office but they receive fine.

As above, there is no function offered up by the SpamCop parsing/reporting/e-mail services/system that can stop e-mail at the sending machine ... (wouldn't that be a dream come true though? <g>)

When I set them up here they work fine.  I checked his I.P. on bl.spamcop.net and it wasn't there.  How do I turn spam cop off or adjust it?  Any information would be helpfull.   Thanks.

At this point, there is some major confusion. Part of it will be handled by moving this posting to the Blocking List Forum. The remainder is going to have to be left until you provide some actual data to go on. Possibly silly things like IP addresses of the systems/servers involved. Thus far, the picture of SpamCop somehow reaching out and stopping e-mail from leaving a specific server is just a dream ... you say you checked an IP that wasn't listed, but you fail to identify just what that IP was .. the Domain/web-site, his "office" e-mail server, ???? ...

Moving the post to the other Forum ....

The spamcop blocklist prevents email (if you have configured it that way) from entering your system. It can also be configured to tag email as possible spam. If it is rejected, then I believe that a rejection notice is sent.

If an IP address is not on the spamcop bl, then an email will not be rejected or tagged. Are your clients receiving rejection notices from you? or from the people they sent email to?

Do you have something else 'running' on your machine? Did someone else set it up and you inherited it? They might be the ones to ask.

Miss Betsy

Archived